John and Paul 1974 - fantasy single edits

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Mr Bump

Re: John and Paul 1974 - fantasy single edits

Post by Mr Bump »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:12 am thank so much for this fantasy 45rps I still remember your amazing "what if the Beatles recorded Abbey Road via Stax" (the George Benson/Booker T. remix - pure bliss).
Cheers :) - that would be the Other Side Of McLemore Road, which I did around four years ago. Can I re-post it here, or is it too risky re: the 'other artists' policy?
AllTogetherNow

Re: John and Paul 1974 - fantasy single edits

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Kwai Chang wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:59 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:12 am I wonder if there has been some other "gigs" like this. I think so.
Sure there were! But their drivers(chauffeurs) were laboring under explicit instructions to NOT go anywhere near Record Plant, or Western, or Sunset Sound, or Elektra, or Capitol, or Sound City, Or Gold Star, Or Village Recorders, or ANYWHERE that has tape recorders ready to roll!!! The boot is called A Toot And A Snore! You already know the rest of the story! A quantity of high grade cocaine that will allow a motley bunch of party lovers to stay on their feet or their toes for a two or three day binge AND with any luck, stay clear of Harry Nilsson...and guess what??? We know that just ain't possible. This boot made no sense when it appeared on Mistral. I bought it. I tried to keep an open mind. However, you know that Beatles fans had been indoctrinated through the 70s and 80s to the point of being afraid to play this thing. "So, Sgt. Pepper took you by surprise" you Motherless son of tricky dicky, Piss OFF Cake, lucky break Kotex Ken Fritz hating tampon waster brung to ewe by May June or Yoko Oedipus Electra orphan inKleined to most likely what a load of bullshit this crap really turned out to be! I mean, THAT must be some righteous Bolivian flake...I hear it had a pink hue to it... and it looked like a disco ball at Studio 54. The kind of stuff that after a single beep/bump/bap/tad/skosh/dab/doodle/jump-start/push/c-hair/flip/bang/whoo-ya/bling bling/bolt/jolt/hit-it-then-quit-it I CAN'T FEEL MY FRONT TEETH clang goes a bell in your ears and suddenly you can taste candy drip down the back of your throat...DOOOOOWN to your toes...as they curl up to your knees, you follow the yellow-brick road and the hammer hits the back of your head and Harry Nilsson is already ahead of you. He's wearing a terry-cloth bathrobe and slippers and mirrored aviators and a 64 oz. martini. And everyone's partying in a back yard around a swimming pool. This must be Los Angeles and not even Beverly Hills. The house looks like a tract home in the Valley. About 3 or 4 in the afternoon. EVERYone except Harry Georgeson is here. He's probably hanging at Abe Gardner's abode. BUT, after hearing about the bitter-Beatles-boo hoo divorce, you have to wonder about the photos I'm speaking of. We got, Paul and Linda, and Ringo and John and May, and Harry Nilsson(I was kidding about the bathrobe...that was at the Capitol Tower for Ringo's Vienna album) but WHAT the hell? NOBODY is fighting. These bastards made that shit up. Instead of hanging together and weathering the Sticky Fingers/Exile On Main St. storm...they thought they could do better in L.A. on the REAL Thang Coca Coca Coca with the Lime And The Coconut pretending to be bitching and moaning and pissing and snorting and hanging at the end of Melrose heckling and smothering the brothers Tommy and Dickie while deliberately sinking the H.M.S. Revenue! Those pictures have got to be from the day of or the day after the TOOT the SNORT the Other SNORT and Cottonmouth all around. Cross promotion? No! that is just plain old drug addiction by some serious alcoholic egotistic assholes. Thank God, somebody got it on tape. They would go on to lower depths and The Traveling Wilburys will turn into the high point of post break-up L.A. Fab Four carnage. Linda in a bikini??? I'm telling you, that was some potent yayo. In fact the CD is the best argument for not letting trivia be a reason for anything. Too bad George Martin wasn't there to send them home.
Thanks, Rupert! I always love your Beatles comments.
Oh, yeah! one more thing! About the lime the coconut the Harry the Nilsson and EVERYthing else too:
IMPOSSIBLE???
OR...
"I'm possible!!!"
Stay hydrated! It's going to be 100 degrees again tomorrow...
Just in case you're hanging out in L.A.
KC
Thank You kindly for explaining

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff