McCartney 1 2 3 Documentary

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
sunnylew

McCartney 1 2 3 Documentary

Post by sunnylew »

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the McCartney 1 2 3 doco?

I'm most of the way through the first episode, and - although I've heard many tried and true stories - I've heard quite a few interesting new things, as well bits and pieces from the masters that I haven't heard before either. Some are probably ripe for a bit of AI cleaning to remove the chat over the top.

I'm by no means o to of all of the things that have surfaced over the years, but I've seen quite a few photos, and heard a few isolations so far that make the stories about how how "Getting Better" was written a small price to pay.

For example, I've never seen Clapton in the studio recording While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Is these already out there or is it new?
EC and GH.jpg
EC and GH.jpg (223.57 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
Eric Clapton with the Beatles.jpg
Eric Clapton with the Beatles.jpg (265.81 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
harrythebannister

Re: McCartney 1 2 3 Documentary

Post by harrythebannister »

Those pics look more "All Things Must Pass" era to me.
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

Now that you mention it I can see what you mean. :(
Ah well, hope springs eternal.
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

I saw a bit of it. Very interesting, new outtakes (maul needs to update his sessions PDF again lol, and there is probably another Fab! CD coming with those outtakes), new photos and great overall. 2 bad things though, 1. It's completely black and white for no reason. 2. I needed to use a not so legal method of watching it due to it not being in Ireland yet.
Ernesto

Post by Ernesto »

sunnylew wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:28 pm I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the McCartney 1 2 3 doco?

I'm most of the way through the first episode, and - although I've heard many tried and true stories - I've heard quite a few interesting new things, as well bits and pieces from the masters that I haven't heard before either. Some are probably ripe for a bit of AI cleaning to remove the chat over the top.

I'm by no means o to of all of the things that have surfaced over the years, but I've seen quite a few photos, and heard a few isolations so far that make the stories about how how "Getting Better" was written a small price to pay.

For example, I've never seen Clapton in the studio recording While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Is these already out there or is it new?

EC and GH.jpg
Eric Clapton with the Beatles.jpg
Those pictures were taken at Olympic Studios in October 1969, Rick Grech session.

Barrie Wentzell, who took the pics:
"Robin Turner from Eric Clapton's management ran into Chris Welch and I as we were leaving a concert and said we should go to the Olympic Studios in Barnes as some mystery people were jamming with Eric. We got there and found that George Harrison, Alan White and Eric were rehearsing with Rick Grech for his solo album after Blind Faith broke up. I didn't want to disturb this hallowed ground, but Robin said it's cool and the lads don't mind so I braved it and after saying hi to all set up a flash umbrella and shot only a few pics as I could tell that George wasn't happy with it, so I bid farewell and left with this photo of George and his guitar hero Eric!"
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

I think these are the unique isolations and stories from Episode 1; did I miss anything?

hxxps://we.tl/t-v5J1V6pJtU
rhino

Post by rhino »

Looks like you got it !
rhino

Post by rhino »

Looks like you got it ! Thanks !
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

moptophugger wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:46 pm I saw a bit of it. Very interesting, new outtakes (maul needs to update his sessions PDF again lol, and there is probably another Fab! CD coming with those outtakes), new photos, and great overall. 2 bad things though, 1. It's completely black and white for no reason. 2. I needed to use a not-so-legal method of watching it due to it not being in Ireland yet.
It's black and white "for no reason" because of artistic intents, the same goes for the A Hard Day's Night film.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Thank you, batdude98. Nicely done and labeled, and so quickly uploaded.