McCartney 1 2 3 Documentary

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Re: McCartney 1 2 3 Documentary

Post by Lord Reith »

beatlesondvd wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:10 am I watched the first three episodes.

I liked the new insights but found it a pity that Rubin was unaware that the Beatles released two (not one) LPs a year in 1963, 1964 and 1965, and didn't know that the reason Paul is drumming on Back in the USSR and Dear Prudence was because Ringo had left the band.

Ah, to be given a couple of hours with Macca to ask him pointed questions about his time in the Beatles!
He mightn't have been given the option though. Before you interview Paul you have to submit a written list of questions which are vetted in advance. Anything he doesn't want to discuss is crossed off. So even though the show is half spontaneous, it's likely it was all discussed in advance of shooting.

But I feel your frustration. Anything of interest always seems to be incidental with these sort of interviews. For instance, I got a big wow moment when Paul talked about having a big ending to the songs so the audience would know when to clap. You think about their early singles, and they all have these big flamboyant endings: She Loves You, I Wanna Hold Your hand, Please Please Me, Can't Buy Me Love, From Me To You... even the wannabe-singles like It Won't Be Long have them. That had never registered with me before. But Rubin doesn't take it any further.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MCYC2021

Post by MCYC2021 »

The scene between 0:10 and 0:15 seconds of the official trailer is not included in the series, right?
🤔

I used to run a blog ... http://mychaosandcreation.blogspot.com but I got tired 😳
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

New Thread For My Isolations And Stories Set:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=915

This will be the only place for future working links.

Hope you enjoy!