The Beatles Complete Get Back Sessions (DVD/mp4)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
AdamBound

Re: The Beatles Complete Get Back Sessions (DVD/mp4)

Post by AdamBound »

C90 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:55 am Hi AdamBound, just checking I have all of your (marvellous) handiwork which I see is now divided into two large Savile Row files and a Twickenham file.

I have a set of mp4 files downloaded during December 2020 and January 2021, one for each date filmed at Savile Row (January 21 1969, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 31);
'Rooftop Concert + images' (45' 15");
Rooftop Concert' (25' 24");
and 'Twickenham V.3' (1hr 25' 00")

I quite like having the Savile Row footage separated into single days. Do I need to download the two DVD files? is there any extra footage there?
I don’t think it’s crucial to download the Savile row DVD’s but I made significant changes to Twickenham so I would recommend downloading Twickenham v4.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
C90

Post by C90 »

AdamBound wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:03 pm
C90 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:55 am Hi AdamBound, just checking I have all of your (marvellous) handiwork which I see is now divided into two large Savile Row files and a Twickenham file.

I have a set of mp4 files downloaded during December 2020 and January 2021, one for each date filmed at Savile Row (January 21 1969, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 31);

I quite like having the Savile Row footage separated into single days. Do I need to download the two DVD files? is there any extra footage there?
I don’t think it’s crucial to download the Savile row DVD’s but I made significant changes to Twickenham so I would recommend downloading Twickenham v4.
Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to update my Tiwckenham file.
May I ask why there is such a difference in timings between v3 and v4? What has been cut from v3?
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

C90 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 pm

May I ask why there is such a difference in timings between v3 and v4? What has been cut from v3?
I cut the Lennon “Two Junkies” interview from the set as it was uneccesary, so that’s why the updated edition seems a lot shorter
C90

Post by C90 »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:14 pm
C90 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 pm

I cut the Lennon “Two Junkies” interview from the set as it was uneccesary, so that’s why the updated edition seems a lot shorter
Great, thanks for the info (searches for 'thumbs up' emoji, but can't find one :mrgreen: )
eclipsed1

Post by eclipsed1 »

Hi,

Just a quick question -
I've downloaded this set twice now, and i'm wondering if some of the choppy edits are intentional - For instance, "Dig It" from Jan 26 is chopped to pieces, making it very difficult to watch - and I'm finding similar instances throughout the set.
Is it meant to be this way? I've seen many of these sequences complete elsewhere, so to have them fragmented here is rather jarring.
Please keep in mind, this is not a complaint, I'm just trying to understand if there's something wrong on my end, or if perhaps these choppy edits are because the original Let It Be film cuts to unrelated shots at these moments?
Thanks for any insight you could offer......
And thanks for the upload! There's a number of items here I'd never seen before!
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

eclipsed1 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:27 pm Hi,

Just a quick question -
I've downloaded this set twice now, and i'm wondering if some of the choppy edits are intentional - For instance, "Dig It" from Jan 26 is chopped to pieces, making it very difficult to watch - and I'm finding similar instances throughout the set.
Is it meant to be this way? I've seen many of these sequences complete elsewhere, so to have them fragmented here is rather jarring.
Please keep in mind, this is not a complaint, I'm just trying to understand if there's something wrong on my end, or if perhaps these choppy edits are because the original Let It Be film cuts to unrelated shots at these moments?
Thanks for any insight you could offer......
And thanks for the upload! There's a number of items here I'd never seen before!
Good question. To clarify, certain scenes may appear "choppy" due to the fact that I have removed clips / shots of footage that were not filmed in that moment. I have properly synced these clips and moved them to their proper place in continuity. So scenes will appear choppy if, in the movie, many clips from other moments are inserted into it.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Just noticed that the watermark on Saville Row DVD2 and Twickenham is significantly larger than on Saville Row DVD1...
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Yes... that is a mistake
inglis

Post by inglis »

Thanks so much for these
such a recreation
that allows us to be there.
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:29 amGood question. To clarify, certain scenes may appear "choppy" due to the fact that I have removed clips / shots of footage that were not filmed in that moment. I have properly synced these clips and moved them to their proper place in continuity. So scenes will appear choppy if, in the movie, many clips from other moments are inserted into it.
I haven't had a chance to watch any of this or properly thank you, so... thank you!

If choppy means what I think it means, might it be better to keep the audio going on a blank screen rather than just cut bits out completely?