Rare Intro For "A Hard Day's Night"

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
O1Ghungary

Re: Rare Intro For "A Hard Day's Night"

Post by O1Ghungary »

mojofilter wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:37 pm I did copy the link correctly. The first URL you typed ended ...GRpeR/filel. That gets a 404. The second link ends in /file.html. That one works.
No. The link in my original post is correct, it ends in /file.html
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

downloaded it fine with your last link! folks just need to learn how to copy and change the link correctly.

I REMEMBER THIS - it was a presentation before the movie itself! thank you!
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Is this same one that’s at start of the MPL vhs and DVD ?
Chris
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Interesting. As per another commenter, this is from the 80's/90's theatrical rerelease; and the UA/MPI VHS release (as a bonus). I wonder if it's possible to recreate an 80's theatrical print?
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
therowdyman

Post by therowdyman »

The intro sequence was created and added by Universal Pictures as part of the 1982 theatrical reissue. "I'll Cry Instead" was originally going to be included during the "Can't Buy Me Love" sequence, but Lester (wisely) thought it was too down beat.

Was most likely included in the 1982 version because the US soundtrack included it when the song was still a contender for the film. Which also begs the question - if "You Can't Do That" wasn't on the US soundtrack and "I'll Cry Instead" was, then there must have been a rough cut that included "I'll Cry Instead" during the fire escape scene quite late in production (which I'm sure is lost with all the other AHDN and Help! out takes).

The film's cinematic legacy would be very different if one of its most iconic scenes lost "Can't Buy Me Love".
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

therowdyman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 am The intro sequence was created and added by Universal Pictures as part of the 1982 theatrical reissue. "I'll Cry Instead" was originally going to be included during the "Can't Buy Me Love" sequence, but Lester (wisely) thought it was too down beat.

Was most likely included in the 1982 version because the US soundtrack included it when the song was still a contender for the film. Which also begs the question - if "You Can't Do That" wasn't on the US soundtrack and "I'll Cry Instead" was, then there must have been a rough cut that included "I'll Cry Instead" during the fire escape scene quite late in production (which I'm sure is lost with all the other AHDN and Help! out takes).

The film's cinematic legacy would be very different if one of its most iconic scenes lost "Can't Buy Me Love".
Talking of early 80's AHDN film reissues. Does anyone have a rip of the 1984 MPI video release? An audio only rip would be fine but not just the songs...the sound from the whole film. It's the US VHS with HiFi Stereo sound...or a rip of the LaserDisc or CED Video Disc. Or even the Betamax!