Beatles in India 1968 Home Movies Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
mikec

Re: Beatles in India 1968 Home Movies Reconstruction

Post by mikec »

beatlesondvd wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:12 am Great, thanks! I see some duplicates, but fantastic effort.

The shot at 0:57 is repeated at 1:05
The shot at 4:54 of Paul and Mal was probably filmed on the day of John's helicopter flight. Ditto 6:24 (John is holding an 8mm camera).
Are the shots of Paul playing the guitar reversed, or was he playing as if he were right-handed?
I believe the shot at 8:57 is from 1 March, the day Ringo left Rishikesh and the rest all went to the banks of the Ganges for the acoustic jam session that was filmed for Italian television.
The shots of Paul are indeed reversed (except the first one which is correct, he's playing left-handed as usual), you can clearly see Paul's face (hair, eyebrows) in the wrong way.
deldave

Post by deldave »

Thanks Adambound. Great job again. :D
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

AdamBound,
thanks a lot for sharing!!
:D
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

Recently I made a edit which assembles all of the available footage of the colour home movies shot by the Beatles in Rishikesh
Is it only home movies or also colour news footage?

which begs the question: how much news footage is shot in colour and was 'printed' / broadcast in black and white through the sixties ?

( huntleyarchives.com gives a bit more coloured helicopter footage; original from NBC? )

Great compilation anyway

fl.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

[flabbyroad] wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:33 pm
Recently I made a edit which assembles all of the available footage of the colour home movies shot by the Beatles in Rishikesh
Is it only home movies or also colour news footage?

which begs the question: how much news footage is shot in colour and was 'printed' / broadcast in black and white through the sixties ?

( huntleyarchives.com gives a bit more coloured helicopter footage; original from NBC? )

Great compilation anyway

fl.
The intention is just to have color home movies - I wasn't sure if the Helicopter footage was actual home movie footage or news footage.... I learned towards home movie but I could definitely be wrong! I have the Huntley Archives footage but chose not to include it here.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Fantastic! Thanks so much!