Paul on Later w/Bob Costas Oct 5 & 6, 1991

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
mojofilter

Paul on Later w/Bob Costas Oct 5 & 6, 1991

Post by mojofilter »

About 16 years ago and several Windoze ago, I got a video capture card, and began to transfer some stuff off my VHS tapes, and storing them on data DVDs or CDs. They were converted to VCD 2.0 format, as .mpg files, compatible with DVD players. I was doing all right until one night I decided to render a bunch of video overnight so it'd be ready in the morning. When I woke up, the computer was dead. All that rendering burned up the CPU. I haven't done any video since.

But I got a new CD/DVD drive today. I was in a box on the weekend that had a bunch of these discs I'd made. So it's been "hey, I didn't know I had that!" all evening. Here's the first thing I copied off a disc that you might like.

I recorded two of the episodes of "Later w/ Bob Costas" on Oct 5 & 6, 1991 on VHS Hi-Fi at SP. All these years later, I can only surmise that I had a gig that Friday night and was not home to tape the third episode. But the first two are worth watching. The commercials are edited out in the video suite I was using. I don't know how this compares with other video that may be circulating. But it's way better than the fifth-or sixth-gen dubs you used to get at record shows.

Here are Parts 1 & 2, good until June 22nd.

hxxps://we.tl/t-XZVOA4CBkj

[change xx to tt]
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Ken_peps

Re: Paul on Later w/Bob Costas Oct 5 & 6, 1991

Post by Ken_peps »

Thanks so much!!!
B-ED

Post by B-ED »

Thanks for the share!
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

Hate to be THAT guy, but, any chance of a re-up?
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

You're welcome, guys. Here's a new link, good for a week:

hxxps://we.tl/t-h8uK5RMzpK

Enjoy!

P.S.: I don't know if this makes much difference in a video transferred from VHS, but the files are SVCD format. These turned out to be the only SVCD files I had on a data disc. The others are formatted to play in a DVD player. I have no way to get them off the CDs where they are now. Nothing on my computer will open any of the files.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

mojofilter wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:03 am You're welcome, guys. Here's a new link, good for a week:

hxxps://we.tl/t-h8uK5RMzpK

Enjoy!

P.S.: I don't know if this makes much difference in a video transferred from VHS, but the files are SVCD format. These turned out to be the only SVCD files I had on a data disc. The others are formatted to play in a DVD player. I have no way to get them off the CDs where they are now. Nothing on my computer will open any of the files.
Many thanks!
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.