Ready Steady Go! Special Edition: The Beatles Live (1995 Pioneer Artists Laserdisc) DVD

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
cliftdean74

Re: Ready Steady Go! Special Edition: The Beatles Live (1995 Pioneer Artists Laserdisc) DVD

Post by cliftdean74 »

O1Ghungary wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:43 pm Great these new LD transfers. Thank you. I wish the Let It be and the Budokan is also made in such quality.
Those Let It Be laserdiscs are a nightmare. I’ve had 3 over the years and every one of them suffered from laser rot.
beatles2me

Re: Ready Steady Go! Special Edition: The Beatles Live (1995 Pioneer Artists Laserdisc) DVD

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

cliftdean74,
thanks a lot for your ripping job and uploading this!!
:D
Lbrow65

Post by Lbrow65 »

thanks for going to the effort. It is really appreciated.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:33 pm
O1Ghungary wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:43 pm Great these new LD transfers. Thank you. I wish the Let It be and the Budokan is also made in such quality.
Those Let It Be laserdiscs are a nightmare. I’ve had 3 over the years and every one of them suffered from laser rot.
If you were to capture all 3 with the same setup, I could median the 3 of them to get 1 good capture.
Chuck and Dave

Post by Chuck and Dave »

thanks a lot!
CristobalH96

Post by CristobalH96 »

fantastic, thanks
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

masterjedi wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:42 am
If you were to capture all 3 with the same setup, I could median the 3 of them to get 1 good capture.
Each time I bought one that turned out to have the infamous laser rot issue I returned it to the seller for a refund. Those Let It Be discs always sold for such a high price I couldn’t justify keeping it as just an artifact. I learned some years ago that there is a later model laserdisc player that uses a different laser technology. It reads through the laser rot (which was caused by the early adhesive they were using to manufacture the discs.) I’d love to have one of those players but it’s out of my price range.
recordroman

Post by recordroman »

cliftdean74 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:24 am

Each time I bought one that turned out to have the infamous laser rot issue I returned it to the seller for a refund. Those Let It Be discs always sold for such a high price I couldn’t justify keeping it as just an artifact. I learned some years ago that there is a later model laserdisc player that uses a different laser technology. It reads through the laser rot (which was caused by the early adhesive they were using to manufacture the discs.) I’d love to have one of those players but it’s out of my price range.
What is the make & model# of the LD player you mention?
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

recordroman wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:25 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:24 am

What is the make & model# of the LD player you mention?
This is the information I found from a message board a while back while researching the topic:

"If you wanna play LD's from the bad old days of LD, you need a red laser, Muse capable, Japanese model like Pioneer and Sony made. The only U.S. model that can make much out of rotters is the LD-S2 with it's gas-diode pick-up. I have never used an LD-S2 to view rotted discs personally but it's said to be the next best thing to a red laser deck like my HLD-X9."