Paul McCartney Live in the New World June 15, 1993 Charlotte, North Carolina (VHS > DVD)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
cliftdean74

Paul McCartney Live in the New World June 15, 1993 Charlotte, North Carolina (VHS > DVD)

Post by cliftdean74 »

"Blockbuster Video Presents Paul McCartney Live in the New World"
June 15, 1993 (Broadcast Live on FOX)
Blockbuster Pavillion Charlotte, North Carolina
Original commercials included

I recorded this during the live broadcast in June 1993. Unfortunately I recorded it in LP instead of SP.
The quality is still really good but it could have been better.

I transferred this many years ago and shared it on a torrent site. This is a new transfer of the tape using a better VCR for playback.

Transferred on February 20, 2023 by cliftdean74

Lineage:
Maxell GX Silver VHS Master Tape - recording from LIVE broadcast (Panasonic AG-1980 VCR) > CMC Pro DVD-R (Sony DVDirect VRD-MC5) > Beatleg Forum

Paul McCartney: Lead Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Piano
Linda McCartney: Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Hamish Stuart: Guitar, Bass, Backing Vocals
Robbie McIntosh: Guitar, Backing Vocals
Paul "Wix" Wickens: Keyboards, Accordion, Backing Vocals
Blair Cunningham: Drums

01 Drive My Car
02 Looking For Changes
03 Another Day
04 All My Loving
05 Let Me Roll It
commercials
06 Off The Ground
07 Can't Buy Me Love
commercials
08 Good Rockin' Tonight
09 We Can Work It Out
commercials
10 Hope Of Deliverance
11 Michelle
12 Biker Lika An Icon
13 Yesterday
commercials
14 Lady Madonna
15 Live and Let Die
16 Let It Be
17 Magical Mystery Tour
18 C'mon People
commercials
19 Paperback Writer
20 Penny Lane
21 Sgt. Pepper
commercials
22 Band On The Run
commercials
23 Hey Jude

2 Hrs.

Synopsis:
In 1993, Paul McCartney and his band embarked upon The New World Tour, spanning almost the entire year and almost the entire globe. The tour was intended to promote McCartney's album Off the Ground. Despite having released three albums of live material in the space of the previous three years (Tripping the Live Fantastic, Tripping the Live Fantastic: Highlights!, and Unplugged), the tour was followed by Paul is Live, consisting of material from The New World Tour. The release was not embraced by record-buyers, becoming McCartney's lowest-selling live album.

McCartney's touring band consisted of himself and wife Linda McCartney, Paul "Wix" Wickens, Blair Cunningham, Robbie McIntosh, and Hamish Stuart.

The final North American stop, in Charlotte, North Carolina, was broadcast live across the United States, with some songs replaced by commercials, by the Fox Television Network.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lmh6CO3d2CGBvz9eV67HUBvKhaug7SYj/view?usp=sharing

beatles2me

Re: Paul McCartney Live in the New World June 15, 1993 Charlotte, North Carolina (VHS > DVD)

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
MUR

Re: Paul McCartney Live in the New World June 15, 1993 Charlotte, North Carolina (VHS > DVD)

Post by MUR »

Thanks a lot!
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Chuck and Dave

Post by Chuck and Dave »

too much ads make this concert as twice as long

anyway, thanks a lot!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Chuck and Dave wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:07 am too much ads make this concert as twice as long

anyway, thanks a lot!
When I was a kid I would pause the recording during commercials, trying to get it perfect. For this recording I was stuck at work for half of it so I used to good ol’ VCR timer. Just glad everything was set right. There was that rare occasion where the channel was set wrong and when you watched the tape the next day it was 2 hours of Gilligan’s Island or something other than what you intended to record.

These days on the old tapes I like to see the now vintage commercials. Sometimes I like them more than the program I was recording. Not in this case obviously.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

I edit audio all the time but never video, but I attempted to delete the commercials in iMovie. It was easy enough but the output file was enlarged and 8 gigs! I didn't go back and try a smaller output size yet.

I had tried the free LosslessCut first but couldn't figure it out – perhaps I need to revisit it:

hxxps://mifi.no/losslesscut/

We also need to get a stereo soundtrack added, replacing the mono.
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 pm We also need to get a stereo soundtrack added, replacing the mono.
I will try my very best!
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

I'm sorry, but could you upload it on MEGA or some other site? I'm having problems with Google Drive.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

I see there are at least two bootleg videos. One from MCCD and one here:
https://steady-storm.com/de/products/pa ... he-beatles

First of all, it makes no sense to create another one. I'll first compare the picture quality of MCDVD to FOX video to see if it's even worth working with.
Last edited by khundalini on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

khundalini wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:57 pm I see there are at least two bootleg videos. One from MCCD and one here:
https://steady-storm.com/de/products/pa ... he-beatles

First of all, it makes no sense to create another one. I'll first compare the picture quality of MCCD to FOX video to see if it's even worth working with.
If you find the picture quality of this recording good enough to work on the sound I can re-transfer the tape and cut out the commercials. That will also allow me to transfer at a higher quality because it will be under 90 minutes. Let me know.