Req - A Hard Days Night In Color

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
pumma4

Req - A Hard Days Night In Color

Post by pumma4 »

anyone have this new color version of a Hard Days Night?

Front.jpg
Front.jpg (956.75 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
Attachments
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (524.9 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
longoeduardo

Re: Req - A Hard Days Night In Color

Post by longoeduardo »

GREAT, SO GOOD!
naturalkatsup

Post by naturalkatsup »

all they did was put the movie through some ai colorization tool that makes everything blue and orange :lol: :lol:

if you really want this you could put an original copy through something like this colab/python code (
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It'd be great to see this film colorized well.

Okay, I know it's sacrilege but the monochrome version will always be there too. It would be interesting to give it that classic mid-60s British colour film look, like The Italian Job.

In fact, it's staggering that the budget didn't extend to colour! This surely must be one of the very last British films to be made in B&W because of budget restraints. The only other one I can think of after that is "The Big Job" with Sid James (1965).
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Not sure if the above cover art does have an upgraded, more colorized version since the last bootleg had that blue/yellow flicker colorization of the movie. People have attempted to do it, years ago a lady did an excellent job to colorize part of the film and showed examples via animated gifs (sadly now deleted), but now with these AI programs, you can get pretty good results, not perfect yet, but a vast improvement.

I just wished these colorists would use the full frame format to colorize.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:26 am It'd be great to see this film colorized well.

Okay, I know it's sacrilege but the monochrome version will always be there too. It would be interesting to give it that classic mid-60s British colour film look, like The Italian Job.

In fact, it's staggering that the budget didn't extend to colour! This surely must be one of the very last British films to be made in B&W because of budget restraints. The only other one I can think of after that is "The Big Job" with Sid James (1965).
United Artists saw the sales of Beatles albums and when they made the deal with Epstein, they were in fact only interested in the release of the soundtrack album. The film was only an excuse to make a huge profit on the LP. That's why the budget was so restrained for the first movie.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I'm not a fan of colorizing a movie, but for the sake of fun, that's okay.
I remember some amazing previews posted on bootlegzone several years ago which looks far more accurate and natural that some automatic colorization (even the said-so "A.I" video tools).
That said, they even use to colorize movie even nowadays. Do you remember one single black & white movie which would have looked natural in color ?
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

AppleScruff

Post by AppleScruff »

naturalkatsup wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:16 am all they did was put the movie through some ai colorization tool that makes everything blue and orange :lol: :lol:

if you really want this you could put an original copy through something like this colab/python code (
I actually tried this recently using the github/python page. TWICE! I was using the mirror spock version ripped into mp4. And both times it wouldn't accept the file because of DRM copyright. :( Not sure how to get round it. Maybe reverse the entire video and strip the audio then put it all back together when colorized? God knows! If any digital magicians here have any suggestions it would be great. Please keep it simple for me if you do have ideas. :lol:
AKA Natural_Mystery
mudcrab

Post by mudcrab »

yeah the Pixbim Color AI method, does seem to make things all purple ish and strobe etc, I'm working on a new method, but using a photo coloring AI, so you do a frame at a time, but you can set it up to batch process, then you have to reassemble as a image sequence etc etc, the example I made of the cant buy me love from Melbourne, took two PCs (medium spec) about 36hours of processing, I'll have a look at Hard Days night some time if people think it would be worth while