Penny Lane Color Corrected and Interpolated

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Anonymoose

Penny Lane Color Corrected and Interpolated

Post by Anonymoose »

Before the old database blew up someone color corrected the version of Penny Lane found on the 1 video collection (don't know who though). Managed to snag that and also took the liberty to interpolate it to ~50fps (technically 48fps). Both versions are included in the link. Enjoy!

hxxps://we.tl/t-9xPOwgkDla
Last edited by Anonymoose on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tex

Re: Penny Lane Color Corrected and Interpolated

Post by Tex »

Wow, that interpolated version looks amazing and I usually dislike that kind of stuff.

The thing I would change if I had the time and tools is maybe try to DE-saturate the ridiculously over-saturated color of the coats. I swear they must have digitally painted that color on to make up for the severe color fading. No way was that color pulled out of the original faded print.

The other thing that might be interesting is some mild stabilization to approximate steady-cam video.
FerBeaT

Post by FerBeaT »

Wonderful work! :o
Rubhersoul

Post by Rubhersoul »

Wow! The interpolated looks amazing!!! I've always wonder if they shot footage of the Fabs on the stage performing, but cut it out. Wonder if Keith from Revolver ever had that footage?!

Tom
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Rubhersoul wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:48 am Wow! The interpolated looks amazing!!! I've always wonder if they shot footage of the Fabs on the stage performing, but cut it out. Wonder if Keith from Revolver ever had that footage?!

Tom
I've always wondered what they were doing in that segment at 1:36 where it pans from right to left across each Beatle.

They are nodding in time to the music as if they are hearing a playback. Were they miming to a different segment of the song or just talking to the camera man? Do you think there was an original plan to have the band mime to the song? Seems a bit of a waste of time to transport these pedastals and all the band's equipment to Sevenoaks in Kent to have them just ride past it all.

Last edited by MarkRJones1970 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Beatlebug

Post by Beatlebug »

Brilliant work :)

Have you considered working your magic on other videos?
Anonymoose

Post by Anonymoose »

No, but with all this positive feedback I may have to!
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

I just looked this-- the interpolated version is especially phenomenal. Thank you!
Rubhersoul

Post by Rubhersoul »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:35 am
Rubhersoul wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:48 am Wow! The interpolated looks amazing!!! I've always wonder if they shot footage of the Fabs on the stage performing, but cut it out. Wonder if Keith from Revolver ever had that footage?!

Tom
I've always wondered what they were doing in that segment at 1:36 where it pans from right to left across each Beatle.

They are nodding in time to the music as if they are hearing a playback. Were they miming to a different segment of the song or just talking to the camera man? Do you think there was an original plan to have the band mime to the song? Seems a bit of a waste of time to transport these pedastals and all the band's equipment to Sevenoaks in Kent to have them just ride past it all.

I thought the same too!

Maybe they said, don't put any performance clips in there. We're not a performing/touring band anymore. A shame really, even if it was just mimed, it would have been cool to see them do that.

Tom
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Your work is amazing, congratulations.
Thank you for sharing.