Mysterious AYNIL video

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Patrick Healy

Mysterious AYNIL video

Post by Patrick Healy »

As any diehard Pink Floyd fans will be aware, in 2009 the BBC recovered some TOTP footage, which was uploaded on the Pink Floyd torrent tracker Yeeshkul.
The most exciting item in the footage was Pink Floyd performing their single 'See Emily Play' live, but also included was the regular video for All You Need is Love, but also (from another episode) another video for All You Need is Love which did not feature any Beatles and was not seemingly filmed in any studio.
The video begins at 01:08 in the below VOB: (the 'See Emily Play' performance is in the other VOB so I can't post it but feel free to PM me for a link):
hxxps://we.tl/t-Y3cl8lWpfH
If anyone could comment on provenance of this video I would be grateful.
Mr Bump

Re: Mysterious AYNIL video

Post by Mr Bump »

I'm not a connoisseur of "aynil" videos, but anyway...

I think it's probably a not very interesting matter. Although there is footage of the original studio performance, back in 1967 there weren't videos as such and so in the absence of a live appearance the BBC needed some visuals to run behind the song. This looks to me like just a montage of footage from some random source. I don't think it's anything more than that, but over to others if they know any more...
mikec

Post by mikec »

Patrick Healy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 pm As any diehard Pink Floyd fans will be aware, in 2009 the BBC recovered some TOTP footage, which was uploaded on the Pink Floyd torrent tracker Yeeshkul.
The most exciting item in the footage was Pink Floyd performing their single 'See Emily Play' live, but also included was the regular video for All You Need is Love, but also (from another episode) another video for All You Need is Love which did not feature any Beatles and was not seemingly filmed in any studio.
The video begins at 01:08 in the below VOB: (the 'See Emily Play' performance is in the other VOB so I can't post it but feel free to PM me for a link):
hxxps://we.tl/t-Y3cl8lWpfH
If anyone could comment on provenance of this video I would be grateful.
TOTP used to create their own visuals for some songs but they were not official music videos sent by the artists themselves or their record companies . This visual created for All You Need is Love is similar to the one created for Hello Goodbye which ended up as part of the bonus for the Magical Mystery Tour box set from a few years back.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Either, the Musician's Union ban on miming has taken a more stringent stance whereby the musicians in question are forbidden from appearing on screen...OR, Yardley and Lotus merger to promote Whiplash Mascara via All You Need Is 'M' Appeal. What's next? John Lennon in a Walrus costume?
I can't imagine this film's function! I'd rather watch go-go dancers if this is how it has to be! Still it is very bemusing. Thank you for reporting!
KC
Lupine Assassin

Post by Lupine Assassin »

PM sent. Thank you. :)
We all bleed blue from the inside....
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

Nice one, I think these things are great.
fl.

(And a diehard Pink Floyd is aware of the birds on Cirrus Minor; they sound as Across the Universe:

Once again, the old doors of the green EMI sound effects tape cabinet were opened, with suitable tapes- of birds twittering.... ,Mark Lewisohn)