Hello Goodbye Promo Filming (November 10th, 1967) Complete Footage Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Fun 4 None

Hello Goodbye Promo Filming (November 10th, 1967) Complete Footage Reconstruction

Post by Fun 4 None »

Hey there, here's a reconstruction my friend Adam did. This compiles every piece of footage for the "Hello Goodbye" promo filming from November 67.. Adam also synced up clips that were silent/not synced correctly. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did :)

20YearsAgo

Re: Hello Goodbye Promo Filming (November 10th, 1967) Complete Footage Reconstruction

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Thank you, AdamBound and Fun4None!
Beatles4you

Re: Hello Goodbye Promo Filming (November 10th, 1967) Complete Footage Reconstruction

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheldi

Post by Sheldi »

Wonderful, thank you x
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Is that the complete drum kit that Ringo uses when recording?
I am amazed by such a simple set-up giving such variety of sounds.
Also, the purple satin(?) material makes me think there is a 5th Sgt Pepper Uniform that didn't get used.
That may have been a judgement call by Peter Blake or a fickle Beatle.
That would have been hard to decide without a fully dressed placement.
I've never seen a purple uniform...but I've never see pants like George or Ringo's!
Nevertheless, we know that Paul's Pepper shoes must have been very comfy since they get worn more than all of his Beatle Boots days. I think he wears them in the Blackbird/Helter Skelter acoustic rehearsal with Miss Shwartz(?) Were all of the Pepper shoes red/green two-tone? I have no evidence, but there could be a pair of blue/purple shoes. Hat's off to Roy Harper...I mean has anyone seen a green Pepper hat? Or, a blue one? Remember, they weren't sure which animals would be appearing with the Walrus until the day of shooting in West Malling. This is the nicest quality that I've ever seen of this footage. Question: How many 'resets' did they do? And is the song ever filmed from start to finish, then cameras are repositioned then filmed again completely? Did Michael Lindsay Hogg direct this?
Soundstage or real theater?
Great work Adambound! Thank you, for the post, Fun 4 None.
And bring some hula dancers!
Hula goo-bye!
KC
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:48 pm Is that the complete drum kit that Ringo uses when recording?
I am amazed by such a simple set-up giving such variety of sounds.
Also, the purple satin(?) material makes me think there is a 5th Sgt Pepper Uniform that didn't get used.
That may have been a judgement call by Peter Blake or a fickle Beatle.
That would have been hard to decide without a fully dressed placement.
I've never seen a purple uniform...but I've never see pants like George or Ringo's!
Nevertheless, we know that Paul's Pepper shoes must have been very comfy since they get worn more than all of his Beatle Boots days. I think he wears them in the Blackbird/Helter Skelter acoustic rehearsal with Miss Shwartz(?) Were all of the Pepper shoes red/green two-tone? I have no evidence, but there could be a pair of blue/purple shoes. Hat's off to Roy Harper...I mean has anyone seen a green Pepper hat? Or, a blue one? Remember, they weren't sure which animals would be appearing with the Walrus until the day of shooting in West Malling. This is the nicest quality that I've ever seen of this footage. Question: How many 'resets' did they do? And is the song ever filmed from start to finish, then cameras are repositioned then filmed again completely? Did Michael Lindsay Hogg direct this?
Soundstage or real theater?
Great work Adambound! Thank you, for the post, Fun 4 None.
And bring some hula dancers!
Hula goo-bye!
KC
Yes Paul wears those shoes during the Blackbird film with Francie Swartz. They did film complete takes of the songs, this is only what's been publicly released. They wear three different outfits during the filming. Michael Lindsay Hogg was not involved, instead Paul directed the cameramen. This was filmed at the Saville Theater in London. Cheers
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks – I thought I grabbed this earlier but don't see it. Now too many piggies ;-)

Can anybody re-up to a different location?

NEVER MIND, I forgot the "use Chrome, not Safari" trick ;-)
Last edited by alphabeatles on Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:15 pm Yes Paul wears those shoes during the Blackbird film with Francie Swartz. They did film complete takes of the songs, this is only what's been publicly released. They wear three different outfits during the filming. Michael Lindsay Hogg was not involved, instead Paul directed the cameramen. This was filmed at the Saville Theater in London. Cheers
Thank you, Fun 4 None!
Thanks for the great info and the fast reply.
Okay, hula dancers...lower that curtain one more time.
Lots of velvet...
'too hip'! <-----(Hula Dancers)
KC
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:02 pm Thanks – I thought I grabbed this earlier but don't see it. Now too many piggies ;-)

Can anybody re-up to a different location?

NEVER MIND, I forgot the "use Chrome, not Safari" trick ;-)
ReUp WeTransfer Seven days Hello Goodbye)-----> hxxps://we.tl/t-fIaZl6kAwH
Thank you, Fun 4 None and AdamBound!
KC
Tex

Post by Tex »

You can tell George is just thrilled to be there. :lol: He's giving his all.

I like when he started pretending to be a marionette just opening and closing his mouth.