The Beatles - EXPERIMENT IN TELEVISION: MUSIC! (DVD)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
BTL1210

Re: The Beatles - EXPERIMENT IN TELEVISION: MUSIC! (DVD)

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for sharing ....
BeatleG

Post by BeatleG »

Thank you Joker for the "Experiment in TV" show. And thanks to flabbyroad also for "The Rock Revolution". I watched them both today. They were somewhat tedious at times but compelling enough to make them worthwhile. I was experiencing some daja vu watching "Revolution" so I must have watched it 55 years ago. Graham Nash was certainly passionate regarding "the gap between generations". And Leonard Bernstein was brave to sing (He couldn't.) I liked that they actually used some live music for that special.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

The "Experiment in Television" film has quite an interesting history.

Everybody has seen the common 6 minutes though interestingly there is an unbootlegged upgrade copy of the 6 minutes. You can publicly watch it here (albeit with a watermark)

In addition to the 6 minutes, there's an 11 minute DVD of outtakes from HMC/TMOQ. Combined with Anthology bits that's about 19 minutes of footage. Though behind that, there's an unbootlegged 37 minute version of the outtakes, which combined with the 6 minute segment would give you almost 45 minutes of Hey Jude EMI footage.
toddwell

Post by toddwell »

Any possibility of re-upping this?? I would love to get this! Many thanks in advance!! (:)
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Another one I managed to salvage. I badgered someone at the BFI who agreed to send me a sneaky copy as long as I didn't share it. So, I kept hold of it for 2 years or so then, shared it!

Whoops!

I was always annoyed at myself that I caught a rebroadcast (in mint condition) in the early 90s on UK TV one afternoon but only recorded the Beatles Hey Jude segment. I was kicking myself as I wished I'd just recorded the whole thing, as it was in slightly better quality than it is here. So, I sort of my made up my boo boo by getting this version.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:58 pm Another one I managed to salvage. I badgered someone at the BFI who agreed to send me a sneaky copy as long as I didn't share it. So, I kept hold of it for 2 years or so then, shared it!

Whoops!

I was always annoyed at myself that I caught a rebroadcast (in mint condition) in the early 90s on UK TV one afternoon but only recorded the Beatles Hey Jude segment. I was kicking myself as I wished I'd just recorded the whole thing, as it was in slightly better quality than it is here. So, I sort of my made up my boo boo by getting this version.
I didn't get a chance to download the original post here. Was the quality better than regular bootlegs?
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Yes, it was perfect quality. My Hey Jude segment was better quality than most but there was a jump due to a dodgy bit of of tape in the middle of it. Plus, I didn't realise ANOTHER Hey Jude segment came on later and missed it entirely.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:45 pm Yes, it was perfect quality. My Hey Jude segment was better quality than most but there was a jump due to a dodgy bit of of tape in the middle of it. Plus, I didn't realise ANOTHER Hey Jude segment came on later and missed it entirely.
Could you re-up the Joker's post?
brodyiscool

Post by brodyiscool »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:49 pm
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:45 pm Yes, it was perfect quality. My Hey Jude segment was better quality than most but there was a jump due to a dodgy bit of of tape in the middle of it. Plus, I didn't realise ANOTHER Hey Jude segment came on later and missed it entirely.
Here:
hxxps://mega.nz/file/wL9iESjJ#JWEbS8DXq ... Sc5ztNeefQ
I'll leave it up for a day or two.
brody h
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

brodyiscool wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:42 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:49 pm
Here:
[url]hxxps://mega.nz/file/wL9iESjJ#JWEbS8DXqvMuDRFmea8ulHvmbF0VfOL3fSc5ztNeefQ[/url]
I'll leave it up for a day or two.
Thanks man