The Beatles - EXPERIMENT IN TELEVISION: MUSIC! (DVD)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Ken_peps

Re: The Beatles - EXPERIMENT IN TELEVISION: MUSIC! (DVD)

Post by Ken_peps »

Thanks so much, Joker. Any chance to get the Nimbus re-upped? Just missed it. Thanks
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Ken_peps wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:58 pm Thanks so much, Joker. Any chance to get the Nimbus re-upped? Just missed it. Thanks
Here you go.

hxxps://we.tl/t-Fk59AnEdfB
eggman

Post by eggman »

Joker wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:56 am EXPERIMENT IN TELEVISION: MUSIC!
Summary
One in this series of programs dedicated to the belief that "experimentation in television is vital to its future." This program surveys the varieties of music in Britain. Segments include the following: pianist Clifford Curzon and conductor Colin Davis rehearse a Beethoven Piano Concerto; the Beatles at a recording session of "Hey Jude"; instrument maker Thomas Goff at work; the Royal Horse Artillery in "Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture"; Yehudi Menuhin conducts the Bath Festival Orchestra in a rehearsal of music by Benjamin Britten; a children's orchestra; street dances; Michael Tippett at a rehearsal of his opera "The Midsummer Marriage"; singing in a pub; and Queen Elizabeth II at a concert in Royal Albert Hall. Commercials deleted.

Details
NETWORK: NBC
DATE: February 22, 1970 Sunday 5:00 PM
RUNNING TIME: 0:58:26

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/IJEjHS4K#W9DNoPE6yaH7BjGQjZ4T0g
Hello. Would someone kindly re-up this? thank you in advance.
Cheers!
MUR

Post by MUR »

eggman wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:53 pm Hello. Would someone kindly re-up this? thank you in advance.
Cheers!
reup
hxxps://we.tl/t-Uj12G3Klio
hxxps://we.tl/t-nj2M3Foyqf
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
eggman

Post by eggman »

MUR wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:56 pm
eggman wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:53 pm Hello. Would someone kindly re-up this? thank you in advance.
Cheers!
reup
[url]hxxps://we.tl/t-Uj12G3Klio[/url]
[url]hxxps://we.tl/t-nj2M3Foyqf[/url]
Many thanks!!
I wish you and all fellow Beatlemaniacs a very Happy Thanksgiving!
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:56 pm Very interesting. Thank you, Joker!
I was very impressed by the way this downloaded in a timely fashion and I watched the entire thing without effort. The Beatles are the structural foundation of the spotlight. While it gives a random serving of the world of music in cross section, it does even more where the Beatles are concerned. I can't tell if they are in Abbey Road or not, but I finally realized that this must be them making a pre-recorded tape that will pay under the chop-chop 'skills' of Michael Lindsay-Hogg-Welles for the (ahem) LIVE filming of the HEY JUDE/REVOLUTION. Man, I wonder if anything from Revolution was captured on film. Here we see everyone watching Paul and George Martin is almost ready for a kip. Zzzzzzzzzz. At least George Harrison knows how to keep him awake. I can't believe the show was not aired until 1970. Ed Sullivan was about to air The Beatles Songbook on March 1(repeated on Sept. 13, 1970). That would feature The Beatles performing Two Of Us and Let It Be, both from the, then unreleased, Let It Be film. So, from NBC to CBS in a week...that was a lot of Beatles for TV and they still weren't broken up 'officially'. Things would change very quickly.
Experiment in Epitaph...
Thank you, AGAIN!!!
KC
Hey Jude was not recorded at Abbey road studios but at Trident studios
Paul McCartney in April 1970 announced that he wouldn’t be working with the beatles again in a press release included with promo copies of his McCartney lp
And John had already said it was over to Ian Meldrum in an earlier interview for Go Set magazine
The Let it Be movie opened in new York 13th May 1970
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Nimbus wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:27 pm
Ken_peps wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:58 pm Thanks so much, Joker. Any chance to get the Nimbus re-upped? Just missed it. Thanks
Here you go.

hxxps://we.tl/t-Fk59AnEdfB
Thank you so much for the re-up (and the original of course)
Tupple

Post by Tupple »

I missed this unfortunately.
Would somebody be so kind to re-up the Nimbus version, please?
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Here's the 'nimbus' version.

hxxps://we.tl/t-lppyPtQyki

And 'Brodyiscool' posted a set of restored, colour corrected videos last month and this version of 'Hey Jude' was included. Available here.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5409

PS. Thanks for the credit Brodyiscool ;)
Tupple

Post by Tupple »

Great! Thank you very much!!