Hey Jude David Frost confusion

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Patrick Healy

Hey Jude David Frost confusion

Post by Patrick Healy »

In the Blackbird footage thread which was (quite reasonably) locked, Fun 4 None confirmed that there are uncirculated, trade-only outtakes of the David Frost Show promo of Hey Jude.

But on the HMC DVD Filling in the Gaps, which includes footage from this session, the booklet states that 'every frame of video and sound that was preserved to tape is included here.'

But how can that be the case if there are more uncirculated outtakes?

If anyone could explain I would be most grateful.
mcp

Re: Hey Jude David Frost confusion

Post by mcp »

Patrick Healy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 pm In the Blackbird footage thread which was (quite reasonably) locked, Fun 4 None confirmed that there are uncirculated, trade-only outtakes of the David Frost Show promo of Hey Jude.

But on the HMC DVD Filling in the Gaps, which includes footage from this session, the booklet states that 'every frame of video and sound that was preserved to tape is included here.'

To my knowledge, the HMC disc is the complete session.
The only other "outtake" I know of is the audio for the actual broadcast on Frost, which edited out the "It's Now or Never" from John.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Patrick Healy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 pm In the Blackbird footage thread which was (quite reasonably) locked, Fun 4 None confirmed that there are uncirculated, trade-only outtakes of the David Frost Show promo of Hey Jude.

I don't have the DVD however I've been told there are unbootlegged outtakes circulating.

This Revolver video contains some of that.

I believe this one also still contains rare stuff (Don't quote me though cause I'm not a big fan of the Hey Jude EMI film or this TV appearance)
mcp

Post by mcp »

The video in both of those Revolver TV bits is in the HMC. The "Harry Belafonte" audio comes from somewhere else.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

mcp wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:03 pm The video in both of those Revolver TV bits is in the HMC. The "Harry Belafonte" audio comes from somewhere else.
Thanks for clarifying, sorry for my mistake. Can we request HMC releases here? I'd like to see this.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

I know that probably made things more confusing for you Patrick. I can promise you though that if you get involved in trading you will hear about longer unbootlegged versions of Shindig rehearsals, Chiswick Park, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Day in the Life, Hello Goodbye, MMT reels, Hey Jude EMI, and of course Blackbird EMI.
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Fun 4 None wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:11 pm I can promise you though that if you get involved in trading
get involved in trading with who?
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Fun 4 None wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:11 pm I know that probably made things more confusing for you Patrick. I can promise you though that if you get involved in trading you will hear about longer unbootlegged versions of Shindig rehearsals, Chiswick Park, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Day in the Life, Hello Goodbye, MMT reels, Hey Jude EMI, and of course Blackbird EMI.
And how do you propose I get involved with trading with no unbootlegged material in my possession to start trading with?
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Fun 4 None wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:07 pm
mcp wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:03 pm The video in both of those Revolver TV bits is in the HMC. The "Harry Belafonte" audio comes from somewhere else.
Thanks for clarifying, sorry for my mistake. Can we request HMC releases here? I'd like to see this.
No need to request, here's a link by K_A_P68 with everything, most of the CDs are FLAC, it has all the DVDs and almost all artwork:
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/FggBkCZb#hHozSPt4HjyYZuOSaSRWQw
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:56 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:11 pm I can promise you though that if you get involved in trading
get involved in trading with who?
Collectors