NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
plasticsoul

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

Post by plasticsoul »

I think we can rule out a presentation of the Rooftop performance minus all the street interviews and distracting, migraine inducing split screen graphics..?
Fun 4 None

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film project

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:53 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:42 am
Jackson said in the article that's it a live action film sir.
I think he may have been talking about another film though, not his Beatles project.
If you go to the "News" section of this forum, you'll see I posted the original source for this article, and in it Jackson is directly quoted as having said that the project is live action and a film.

Unfortunately for some reason everyone instead visited this thread which was a day late and with second-hand info.
hbalzac

Post by hbalzac »

I can see Ringo as a hobbit.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Unfortunately for some reason everyone instead visited this thread which was a day late and with second-hand info.
Well pardon me for posting. :roll:

I hope one day you'll be able to find it in your heart to forgive me.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Well pardon me for posting. :roll:

I hope one day you'll be able to find it in your heart to forgive me.
I'm sorry I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I like you Mark, Reith, and the rest of the folks. I just was saying that the article is second-hand so it's not the direct stuff from Jackson.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks for the link to the original full article. I read this on Hoffman but every other version seems to be cut short.

Unless I'm missing something though, his reference to a live action film is not a reference to the Beatles project:

It has been nearly a decade since he directed the third installment of The Hobbit, and Jackson followed that with the WWI documentary They Shall Not Grow Old. Like Get Back, the making of the docu involved a painstaking process to restore footage and audio. Jackson said there is also a big narrative film on the docket, and like the Middle-earth films, Jackson’s ambitions will test existing technology. Which means part of his task is to develop the tools to make his vision a reality.

“One of them could be big scale, but it’s so technically complicated I’m trying to work how exactly I’ll do it,” Jackson said. “It’s a live-action movie, but it needs technology that doesn’t quite exist at the moment, so we’re in the middle of developing the technology to allow it to happen. I’m trying to anticipate what I might be able to do, before it even exists. They’re not fantasy epics, but they’re pretty interesting.”

At least how I read it is that this another film series along the lines of LOTR. He is talking about two different things.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I hope the Beatles project isn't a virtual live reunion? Paul and Ringo doing a concert along with a mixture of clips and CGI of the other two? Eww.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:38 am I hope the Beatles project isn't a virtual live reunion? Paul and Ringo doing a concert along with a mixture of clips and CGI of the other two? Eww.
Yeah holograms of Lennon and Harrison would be bizarre. Not a fan of that concept.
MrP

Post by MrP »

I can't see that Olivia would ever give an ok on that
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:38 am I hope the Beatles project isn't a virtual live reunion? Paul and Ringo doing a concert along with a mixture of clips and CGI of the other two? Eww.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

JoeWadley wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:33 pm If he's working with Ringo and Paul, they must be expanding Give My Regards to Broad Street into an epic trilogy.
and they try to find the Lost Lennon Tapes