NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MarkRJones1970

NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Any guesses as to what this might be?
https://www.malaymail.com/news/showbiz/ ... ting/18656
Last edited by MarkRJones1970 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
deldave

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film project

Post by deldave »

Sounds interesting. What have they not done by now? Mark.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 am Any guesses as to what this might be?
They're going to take the I've Got A Feeling idea from the McCartney tour and do Grow Old With Me with holographic John and George playing along?
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Maybe it's another Beatles documentary. Something along the lines of Anthology. I am definitely looking forward to it! I've been wanting something like that for quite a while now.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

What haven't we got a box set of but we know there is plenty of unreleased footage of and needs digital cleanup? Upgraded expanded Magical Mystery Tour is a good guess....The idea now seems to make everything look like it was all happy and as close to flawless as possible.
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

If he's working with Ringo and Paul, they must be expanding Give My Regards to Broad Street into an epic trilogy.
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

Not sure about your headline. Does Jackson say this project involves film? He seems to be talking about audio.

Dave in Nashville
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Well my first thought was he's going to m ake the Beatles version of Lord Of the Rings at last! :lol:

Given how he has said it's "not really a documentary" we can rule out a lot of stuff. From what options are left and taking into account his love of cutting edge technology, I would guess that it might perhaps be:

- some sort of immersive interactive experience like he was talking to Apple about a few years ago. A virtual reality exhibition that would go on the road and visit cities across the world. This would be extremely cool, garner much press attention and prove hugely popular.

- a feature film chronicling one part of their lives, be it their early pre-fame years or their rapid rise to fame. Possibly with CGI Beatles rather than actors who look/sound nothing like the real Beatles?

- a demixed CGI video version of the Star Club tapes. That would be kind of cool but have limited commercial appeal! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
No Bozos

Post by No Bozos »

Maybe they'd like Peter Jackson to create a remake of the movie "Yellow Submarine" like Robert Zemeckis intended to release through Disney ten years ago, but was cancelled.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

No Bozos wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:49 pm Maybe they'd like Peter Jackson to create a remake of the movie "Yellow Submarine" like Robert Zemeckis intended to release through Disney ten years ago, but was cancelled.
Yes a possibility too, but I hope they don't. I don't think kids would appreciate a CGI version any more than the current one.