NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
astronaut

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

Post by astronaut »

ideas:

1. a Beatles live project without Whoopi Goldberg
2. something better than the ABBA Voyage experience
3. a new beatles film like the needle remix https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Needl ... mix_(2010)
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:35 am Thanks for the link to the original full article. I read this on Hoffman but every other version seems to be cut short.

Unless I'm missing something though, his reference to a live action film is not a reference to the Beatles project:

It has been nearly a decade since he directed the third installment of The Hobbit, and Jackson followed that with the WWI documentary They Shall Not Grow Old. Like Get Back, the making of the docu involved a painstaking process to restore footage and audio. Jackson said there is also a big narrative film on the docket, and like the Middle-earth films, Jackson’s ambitions will test existing technology. Which means part of his task is to develop the tools to make his vision a reality.

“One of them could be big scale, but it’s so technically complicated I’m trying to work how exactly I’ll do it,” Jackson said. “It’s a live-action movie, but it needs technology that doesn’t quite exist at the moment, so we’re in the middle of developing the technology to allow it to happen. I’m trying to anticipate what I might be able to do, before it even exists. They’re not fantasy epics, but they’re pretty interesting.”

At least how I read it is that this another film series along the lines of LOTR. He is talking about two different things.
Someone on the Beatleg Discord (You know who you are ;)) suggested that it's this weird frankenstein movie made out of historical clips and live action footage with AI applied to the actors' faces.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:57 pmthis weird frankenstein movie made out of historical clips and live action footage with AI applied to the actors' faces.
Well, that is entirely possible. Even if that isn't PJ's intention, it will happen sooner or later.

People have been trying to recreate lost tv shows by re-enacting them and deepfaking the actors' faces with the original actors. The results are generally horrible and highly disturbing. If they do that to the Beatles, they want to make sure it is at apoint where it is totally believable (which seems unlikely). Otherwise we'll get a film that every critic praises for its amazing technical accomplishment and yet will be a laughing stock for future generations.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Return Of The Son Of Butcher Cover
HEAD parody with Beatles trying to dispel every fab myth.
Instead of meeting freaks Who-Is-She Mahesh Yogi!
They meet real personality on the hoof...Jeremy Hilary Phd and Quid Pro Quo
Stay down, dummy!
KC
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Can Peter just release all the promo film outtakes on Blu Ray? Apple has all of Bulldog scanned in 2K. Same with Hey Jude, Hello Goodbye, Chiswick. They've got most of the Apple Promo stuff too I believe. Sigh
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

My modest proposal:

Joe Orton's Up Against It script, with Muppet Beatle-played-characters in a live-action world that features a CGI Marlon Brando in three roles, and the real Meryl Streep in two.

Produced by Jackson, but directed by Nicolas Winding-Refn.

Shot in original three-camera Cinerama @ 65fps, with each strip projected on separate IMAX screens mounted side-by-side in an arena.

Sound via the resurrected quintophonic system of Ken Russell's Tommy in a hybrid set-up also featuring 8-foot plywood Sensurround subwoofer cabinets.

Original music and Fabs covers by The Dukes of Stratosphear. End title song by whichever talentless, siliconed pop tart is surfing the charts at the moment.

Medley of the above played live as intermission music by The Black Watch. (selected theaters only)

Fab Popcorn in giant plastc lenticular 3D souvenir tubs featuring the Muppet Lads, all three Brando characters and both of Streep's. Price: $55 (popcorn $7 extra).

Every ticket comes with two complimentary tablets of Advil. 10 oz. water bottle to down them with: $8.
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

One of the highlights of the Get Back film was see the India films. Maybe Peter with take those films and make it into a trippy music video. Maybe having Carnival of Light as part of the sound track.
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

maybe a behind the scenes documentary of the White album and Sgt Pepper
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

I'd go for an extended Magical Mystery Tour documentary, tons of outtake footage available. Otherwise some comprehensive Early Years package. Peter did mention in one of the Get Back documentaries that he had told Apple he would love to work on the Star Club tapes. Or perhaps a definitive, authorised Apple documentary, again lots of footage available including all the promo films that are rarely seen.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
deldave

Post by deldave »

Maybe we'll see the unseen stuff. You know the stones. Naked orgies drugs use. I think John did put a lampshade on his head oh maybe it was a dandelion. LOL. stones reference there. We love you you sang. Umm or Oom. A Couple of shots will do you. You know. Well John did the naked thing with Yoko but. He was older than. I don't know about her.