The Beatles Shea Stadium / Special Edition Release 2022

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
applebonkerz

Re: The Beatles Shea Stadium / Special Edition Release 2022

Post by applebonkerz »

Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:58 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:03 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:56 pm I watched a bit of the main Shea video and I'm sorry but it's genuinely awful. Everything, it's just terrible. The fake syncs, the audio from other shows. It's just terrible.

If you readers want a good Shea reconstruction you can watch AdamBound's version or The Beatles Fan Creations' version. This "set" is just awful.
What's "The Beatles Fan Creations' version"?
This
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnc9CwjHj6lJdmKxOysnciWLjGyNJdAc/view
If you want to waltz in and start calling things genuinely awful -- that Fan Creations' version you just shared sure fits the genuinely awful description. It's basically unwatchable, and those long repeating out-of-place still photos make it even more ridiculous as something promoted as being done better than the great effort of this main thread. You are certainly allowed your own opinion of things though, no matter how misguided and rude they may be. You did seem to choose an appropriate user name here. :roll:
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

applebonkerz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:58 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:03 pm

What's "The Beatles Fan Creations' version"?
This
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnc9CwjHj6lJdmKxOysnciWLjGyNJdAc/view
If you want to waltz in and start calling things genuinely awful -- that Fan Creations' version you just shared sure fits the genuinely awful description. It's basically unwatchable, and those long repeating out-of-place still photos make it even more ridiculous as something promoted as being done better than the great effort of this main thread. You are certainly allowed your own opinion of things though, no matter how misguided and rude they may be. You did seem to choose an appropriate user name here. :roll:
Well Adam's and Fan Creations' versions certainly aren't perfect, yet they're still much better than whatever Beatles4you is wasting people's attention with
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:01 am
yymca6 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:22 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:56 pm I watched a bit of the main Shea video and I'm sorry but it's genuinely awful. Everything, it's just terrible. The fake syncs, the audio from other shows. It's just terrible.

If you readers want a good Shea reconstruction you can watch AdamBound's version or The Beatles Fan Creations' version. This "set" is just awful.
The fake syncs, the audio from other shows

So you went this far in making comparison? Specific examples of your thorough search ?
Ticket to Ride in this version is replaced with different concert audio. I haven't watched all of it but I think Act Naturally and others too are replaced.

I have seen multiple crap syncs and misplaced clips. The Hard Day's Night part is particularly terrible.
Ask Beatles4You he will tell you
Yves
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

I really enjoyed this version and appreciate the effort put into it.
The “fake syncs” are done simply because we don’t have footage of “she’s a woman” and “trying to be my baby”. Syncing different shots is much better than just having a black screen or still photo during those songs.
And also Peter Jackson’s Get Back has a lot of “fake syncs” for the exact same reason of lack of footage existing for certain songs but not many people complained about that!

As for the audio, the actual Shea audio sounds like crap. It always has and unless AI technology eventually can make FLAWLESS isolation stems, it probably always will sound like crap.
Giles Martin tried to make something out of it in 2016 by adding overdubs from the album versions of the songs and by using some isolated things from Hollywood bowl (like the vocals from I Feel Fine).
Or the other option is just to use the full songs from other concerts like this particular version. Almost anything is better than the actual Shea audio.
I personally think the audio is the whole reason why Shea hasn’t had a physical release since the 2016 screenings and lawsuit stuff.

Long story short, I believe Beatles4You did everything as perfect as humanly possible to make an enjoyable Shea reconstruction.

Anyway, thank you very much Beatles4You for this version.

And to anyone who dislikes this, just go and watch one of the other reconstructions and keep your opinion to yourself. Making these reconstructions isn’t easy and requires a lot of work and time. The last thing a person who’s spent time and effort making something like this needs to hear is “this is awful”.

Sure everyone can express an opinion, but sometimes that opinion can come off as rude and disrespectful.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

I'm sorry but nothing can convince me on the Ticket to Ride segment. It's just awful. Beatles4you tried to use the HD clips from the EDAW bonus disc but they used the watermarked TBMA source so the already widescreen-cropped image has been cropped again (I'm getting flashbacks to Let it Be on Laserdisc)

I mean yes the original Shea film was edited horribly and unless Apple's private tapes contain everything that was cut, we'll never get a complete Shea film. I just think that frankly Beatles4you made the original Shea far worse and I could not understand why anyone would prefer this new edit.

Also yeah I'm equally as mad about the fake syncing in Get Back, though my friend Adam is fixing all that.
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you very very much !!!

It's a great job.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:22 pm So you went this far in making comparison? Specific examples of your thorough search ?
Thank you, Yves! I prefer specifics, too!
Our forum 'discussion' is often more valuable than water in the desert!. Each thread continues on to become an individual living review. Malleable and current. Minutiae to highest degree and back again. No one person could absorb all that this forum makes available. The critical quotient of the collective membership here is extremely high. Distillation of Beatles Truth takes approximately 5 minutes for any subject matter...real time...and up to date! The more input, the better. The best stuff contains lots of first hand experience, opinion, observation and individual histories as we lived them. All comments are important, even if they aren't in favor with the crowd. Shea Stadium bored me when I first saw it. That's because it is a failure. That doesn't mean it isn't amazing footage. There are incredible things being documented. Beautiful Beatles Music just isn't one of them! If the footage ever gets edited into what it really is...(A movie about Nubile Humidity/wet panties in the U.S.A.) it will be a hit!
Ebb and flow??? No, just CONDENSATION!
Rah rah rah!!!
Thank you, Sir! <------(for the soapbox)
KC

Same movie, different title!
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:07 pm
yymca6 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:22 pm So you went this far in making comparison? Specific examples of your thorough search ?
Thank you, Yves! I prefer specifics, too!
Our forum 'discussion' is often more valuable than water in the desert!. Each thread continues on to become an individual living review. Malleable and current. Minutiae to highest degree and back again. No one person could absorb all that this forum makes available. I love the critical quotient of the collective membership here. Distillation takes approximately 5 minutes to an hour for any subject matter...real time...and up to date!
Shea Stadium bored me when I first saw it. Despite the improvements, I've never worried that I need to watch it again. But...what does that mean? I love the Beatles! And, ANY footage or recording of Beatles activity radiates their aura. So, putting the individual fragments into a coherent cinematic attempt to entertain must begin with context and relevance. That's why the group's SHEA moment has never been successful as a Beatles archive item. American's don't even know why they aren't digging it. But, if I was going to use any of the known resources to exploit it's content, I wouldn't be making a movie about The Beatles! I would be making about Global Nubile Humidity ...that features The Beatles! Ebb and flow??? No, just CONDENSATION!
Rah rah rah!!!
Thank you, Sir! <------(for the soapbox)
KC
Excellent comments KC!
Knowing that they are no really good sources for Shea, we just can't wait for something like PJ's Get Back, image and sound wise.
This fact being accepted, no one should be demanding (and expecting) more than relatively OK results. That being said, subjectivity will always be at the basis of criticism but good criticism should go further than the end result of a project like Beatle4You's project. Along with the quality (or absence of quality) of the sources, one has to also to take in account the purpose of the said project. Knowing Beatle4You and the usual excellence of his projects, I think I can attest of his trying to improve the quality of audiovisual testimonies of the greatness of our favorite band, but also its flaws.

And that does not go further than that I think. He's just saying "Well folks, here's what I did with this bad looking and bad sounding visual. Enjoy!"

Just sayin'
Yves
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

yymca6 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:00 pm Just sayin'
If this forum reaches its potential, we'll all be famous!
Good for Beatles. I doubt if I could cope. But it won't happen unless all members
contribute the things that they can. Strangely, that means nothing specific!
That's The Beatles for ya!
Thanks, Yves.
KC
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

BrianHodkin21 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:04 am I really enjoyed this version and appreciate the effort put into it.
The “fake syncs” are done simply because we don’t have footage of “she’s a woman” and “trying to be my baby”. Syncing different shots is much better than just having a black screen or still photo during those songs.
And also Peter Jackson’s Get Back has a lot of “fake syncs” for the exact same reason of lack of footage existing for certain songs but not many people complained about that!

As for the audio, the actual Shea audio sounds like crap. It always has and unless AI technology eventually can make FLAWLESS isolation stems, it probably always will sound like crap.
Giles Martin tried to make something out of it in 2016 by adding overdubs from the album versions of the songs and by using some isolated things from Hollywood bowl (like the vocals from I Feel Fine).
Or the other option is just to use the full songs from other concerts like this particular version. Almost anything is better than the actual Shea audio.
I personally think the audio is the whole reason why Shea hasn’t had a physical release since the 2016 screenings and lawsuit stuff.

Long story short, I believe Beatles4You did everything as perfect as humanly possible to make an enjoyable Shea reconstruction.

Anyway, thank you very much Beatles4You for this version.

And to anyone who dislikes this, just go and watch one of the other reconstructions and keep your opinion to yourself. Making these reconstructions isn’t easy and requires a lot of work and time. The last thing a person who’s spent time and effort making something like this needs to hear is “this is awful”.

Sure everyone can express an opinion, but sometimes that opinion can come off as rude and disrespectful.
I can understand not liking something but forcing your opinion that something is crap may just prevent someone else from posting. It just comes off as bullying and I think we're all better off without that kind of thing.