Macca at 80 on the telly

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
beatlesnyttigt

Re: Macca at 80 on the telly

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

And here's another oldie I missed and ask for a re-up of viewtopic.php?p=58793#p58793
Many many thanks in advance, fingers crossed :) Robert
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

TOTP Macca special, Macca at the BBC and a bit about the Forthlin Road sessions from BBC Breakfast that morning.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/aHB3jSiB#4chR0bU_cIxUgNpjD9kQwQ

Direct from the Freesat stream with surrounding continuity for those who like that kind of rubbish, like me.

EyeTV files which play fine on VLC.

This is my first attempt at a Mega link, so I hope it works. I'll leave it there for a couple of weeks.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Thank you all for the posts.
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:00 am And here's another oldie I missed and ask for a re-up of viewtopic.php?p=58793#p58793
Many many thanks in advance, fingers crossed :) Robert

I don't have the MP4 version from Iplayer, but I do have this version, recorded from Freesat BBC1

Again, it has lots of surrounding junk

https://www.filemail.com/d/bnwpkthwltwdzga

Also a portion of Strictly Come Dancing from earlier in the evening, with Paul and Idris reading the terms and conditions and reminding viewers about their show later

hxxps://we.tl/t-hrvKzXEDzS

Both are EyeTV files. They play fine if you drop them into VLC, although it seems to get upset if you want to jump forward.
I've never found a reliable way to convert them to MP4.
The recording software has an MP4 export feature, but it's never worked for me, so my apologies.
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Many many thanks for both these Guru-Deva, fantastic - I never thought I would get to see them. Thanks again :D Robert

No worries, I managed to convert Idris and Macca to mp4 - but it took a long time, first I opened it in VLC and used the Convert/Stream command and managed eventually to save it as m4v (but without sound) after many overwrites etc - however the Strictly Come Dancing clip and TOTP2 clip didn't work, they stopped saving after 5 and 20 seconds respectively even if I sometimes could watch the whole clips in VLC, I think it uses the embedded mpg file from eyetv.
Then I converted it to mp4 in Handbrake that also put the sound track back. Finally I trimmed the video by Quick Look command in Finder (I'm on Mac) and got rid of the trash on both ends. Nice, but VLC crashed several times (because of he eyetv format I guess) but in the end it worked fine, except the Strictly clip and TOTP2 clip. But I will try converting them again tomorrow.
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

Wogew wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:24 pm By the way, the Glastonbury gig is supposed to go live on bbc in uhd. Is anyone able to capture this?
Sadly the gig is not going out 'live' either on the tv or the BBC i-player, but there is a truncated highlights performance starting an hour later. This will also be in uhd for those who have such equipment
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:12 pm Many many thanks for both these Guru-Deva, fantastic - I never thought I would get to see them. Thanks again :D Robert

No worries, I managed to convert Idris and Macca to mp4 - but it took a long time, first I opened it in VLC and used the Convert/Stream command and managed eventually to save it as m4v (but without sound) after many overwrites etc - however the Strictly Come Dancing clip and TOTP2 clip didn't work, they stopped saving after 5 and 20 seconds respectively even if I sometimes could watch the whole clips in VLC, I think it uses the embedded mpg file from eyetv.
Then I converted it to mp4 in Handbrake that also put the sound track back. Finally I trimmed the video by Quick Look command in Finder (I'm on Mac) and got rid of the trash on both ends. Nice, but VLC crashed several times (because of he eyetv format I guess) but in the end it worked fine, except the Strictly clip and TOTP2 clip. But I will try converting them again tomorrow.
No problem Robert. Glad to help.

I deliberately leave all the surrounding junk on my clips if I can because I like to have the context, but I get why others would want it trimmed.

I carried on trying to convert the files to MP4 myself as well and I bought some software which SEEMS to be doing the job that EyeTV couldn't and producing stable, lossless MP4 versions.
I've started a separate thread for my video uploads and I've posted links there, but I probably should have posted them in this thread too.
It might have saved you some trouble. Let me know if they work for you.

Here they are:

Macca @ 80
TOTP Macca special, Macca at the BBC and a bit about the Forthlin Road sessions from BBC Breakfast that morning:

18/06/22 a - BBC1 - Breakfast - chat with a winner of Forthlin Rd competition @ 09.52 - hxxps://we.tl/t-YRfBRjndbw
(This link also includes 05/04/22 a - BBC1 - Breakfast - Forthlin Rd competition item with Mike McCartney (x2) @ 07.18; 08.52

18/06/22 b - BBC2 - Paul McCartney at the BBC @ 19.30 - hxxps://mega.nz/folder/3LJ1kRYZ#80Z2Mq3jj4tDO3lTBMTcpQ

18/06/22 c - BBC2 - TOTP 2 - Paul McCartney @ 23.25 [1ST TX 23/05/01 @ 18.00] - hxxps://we.tl/t-qSRwOALxgJ

Idris Elba Meets Paul McCartney

19/12/20 b - BBC1 - Idris Elba Meets Paul McCartney - hxxps://we.tl/t-ZTY5yoVnbw

Also, a portion of Strictly Come Dancing from earlier in the evening, with Paul and Idris reading the terms and conditions and reminding viewers about their show later:

19/12/20 a - BBC1 - Strictly Come Dancing - Paul McCartney and Idris Elba reading the terms and conditions - hxxps://we.tl/t-R62WUWFv2w
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Thanks for these Guru-Deva, but the Paul at BBC - can't unpack the zip file as it is incomplete (tried to download several times with same result, after Dad's Army the Paul part starts but stops during Blackbird live) and there was nothing from the mornings Breakfast there.
There was a second download that didn't unpack (not complete message), but I can't remember now which one it was.

The mp4 files :
(the program you bought doesn't seem to do it any better than VLC Convert/Stream - what program is it?)
The BBC2 Paul TOTP2 show seem to be the whole show, but the picture froze at 33 seconds, same result I got from VLC (must be something wrong with the eyetv file). When converting the mp4 in Handbrake to get the sound back, but it was only the first 27 seconds (must definitely be something wrong with the eyetv file).
Paul at BBC had no sound (at least here) but after converting it in Handbrake it came back great.
The BBC1 Breakfast with competition winner and Mike had no sound (at least on my side), but after converting them in Handbrake it came back perfectly.
The Strictly clip seems to be the whole show but the picture froze at 6 seconds, same result as I got when converting from VLC (must be something wrong with the eyetv file)

Those zip files that says they are incomplete must be something wrong with the original eyetv clips - is it possible to do them all over again and re-up? (hope I'm not asking too much). Anyhow, many thanks for these :D Robert
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

OK......

Let's start with TOTP.

The program I bought was FFWorks. I checked the MP4 that it made at this end and it's definitely all there, so I'm not sure what's going on.
I've uploaded it again without zipping it first. Try this and see if you get any better results.

hxxps://we.tl/t-BWRL5ytUW7
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Thanks for that Guru-Deva, but unfortunately I've been away a while and missed this when I got back (your un-zipped re-up on June 27th).
Could you PLEASE do it once more? Won't miss it this time, thanks a lot in advance :) Robert