Surprised Shea Stadium 2016 Hasn't Been Leaked !

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Darth Kybiel

Re: Surprised Shea Stadium 2016 Hasn't Been Leaked !

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Gringo557 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:55 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:48 pm
Darth Kybiel wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:20 pm How much better can it be to what we have already? P_icturewise, unless they have source reels of footage yet in better quality? Change anything in the picture quality of what we got on bootleg already and what you gain here and there you lose something else here and there. Audio, we already have the original audio and the tampered and overdubbed onto audio. Someone can always demix a decent stereo audio track, which is pretty much all that Apple could do as well. So what we would end up with is a lot of fans saying 'Ugh! re edited video!' or 'Ugh! Redone audio!' from purists. Now if they wanted to do a simple dvd/Blu Ray live box set, it'd be like the one semi legal three record vinyl set with:
Feb. 11th 1964 Washingtom Colleseum
1965 Shea Stadium
1966 Live In Japan
Covers All three years of full touring years.
Man the picture quality would be insanely better. You're comparing a 1990s telecine on a DVD to a 4K film scan.
Ditto on that, what we have is about a 6 on a scale of 10.
Last I recall, the more they try to improve picture quality beyond the quality of the source, you end up with details not really there, digital artifacts not really on the original source. If you take one bit and blow it up bigger, the bigger you blow it up the more that percentage is a guess than a true original detail. then digital technology sharpens the guess to whatever degree, So you still got the question of how much you are watching is really true to the actual original source. Then you have the fact that when they enlarge an official release there is always cropping to some degree. They have no consideration for what aspect ratio fans like or want, only what they know you'll settle for for another 50 or 60 years. Also they will look at the reasonably expected sales within a controlled global inflation. No one is going to pay a fortune in a crunched economy. They'll spit out compressed streaming files and easy to sell dvd/Blu Ray sets that take the least effort on their part to make. After all, they already put out a decent amount of content in decent formats as most economy was good. Then made Get Back while most people were stuck suppressed by stuck indoors streaming. Now more people are getting outside, but able to afford less. The 2025 entertainment cloud will soon hit the internet. No one will make too big of releases soon. If you paid any attention to the World Economic Forum, entertainment will be hit first on the globalist controlled 'You'll own nothing and be happy' policy. All the + streaming services are the final level to see which of the major companies will be under UN control of the entertainment cloud as they phase out things like dvd, cd, vinyl,microSD cards......Windows 11 was the first step to control computers and monitor all activity and soon they will trick everyone to adapt to only using a 'cheap' or 'free' cloud service in which they can control how much material will vanish or 'crash'. It's not a scare tactic, they claim at the World Economic Forum that we are all easy to manipulate to 'want' the changes. Sites like ours are the best to share and gather and preserve what we can and be prepared before that wave comes. I'm sure we'll have years of people making work-arounds. Right now we are still at the trick of them making people think cloud-saving files is safe.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:53 pm
...they claim at the World Economic Forum that we are all easy to manipulate to 'want' the changes. Sites like ours are the best to share and gather and preserve what we can and be prepared before that wave comes. I'm sure we'll have years of people making work-arounds. Right now we are still at the trick of them making people think cloud-saving files is safe.
Klaus Schwab is right out of movie villain central casting. He's the "diplomatic immunity" guy in real life.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

AdamBound wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:29 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:24 pm
AdamBound wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:51 pm

No, the footage of those songs is lost because they don’t have the raw camera footage anymore.
Not exactly true but I'll get shot if I elaborate on this.
? It is true. They only have the TV special.
Thanks for both of your responses.
Mike
Eric_Manchester

Post by Eric_Manchester »

That material was only released for showing in cinemas. D-Cinema Packages (DCP) are encrypted. The decryption keys are issued for the specific player in the cinema and are valid only for a limited time (often less than a week, sometimes as little as a few hours). You can have the DCP, but without a decryption key, those files are useless. Even if you have the package and valid keys, the video stream from the player to the projector is itself encrypted, and can only be decrypted by a secure board in the projector itself. That means you can't pipe the signal from the player to a recorder and capture it that way. The only way anyone could copy the picture would be to aim a videorecorder at the cinema screen.

And the picture and audio is watermarked, so if someone did a video recording, the location, date, and time could all be extracted from the watermarking. If a cinema has many leaks of that type, they risk losing the ability to get anything from distributors in the future.

For those reasons, it's not surprising to me that this hasn't leaked. The only way I could see a proper copy getting out would be if any screeners or mastering copies were made and escaped into the wild. It seems that hasn't happened. The makers of the material have done a good job of keeping the security lid on this very tight.

To what end, I don't know. I'd love to see this released to fans. I think we'd all happily purchase it if a good product was put out and reasonably priced. Why it sits unreleased is a mystery.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Eric_Manchester wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 am That material was only released for showing in cinemas. D-Cinema Packages (DCP) are encrypted. The decryption keys are issued for the specific player in the cinema and are valid only for a limited time (often less than a week, sometimes as little as a few hours). You can have the DCP, but without a decryption key, those files are useless. Even if you have the package and valid keys, the video stream from the player to the projector is itself encrypted, and can only be decrypted by a secure board in the projector itself. That means you can't pipe the signal from the player to a recorder and capture it that way. The only way anyone could copy the picture would be to aim a videorecorder at the cinema screen.

And the picture and audio is watermarked, so if someone did a video recording, the location, date, and time could all be extracted from the watermarking. If a cinema has many leaks of that type, they risk losing the ability to get anything from distributors in the future.

For those reasons, it's not surprising to me that this hasn't leaked. The only way I could see a proper copy getting out would be if any screeners or mastering copies were made and escaped into the wild. It seems that hasn't happened. The makers of the material have done a good job of keeping the security lid on this very tight.

To what end, I don't know. I'd love to see this released to fans. I think we'd all happily purchase it if a good product was put out and reasonably priced. Why it sits unreleased is a mystery.

Several phone-cams are out there, some have subtitles from other parts of the world. I have seen a couple subtitle-less ones.

I also have done my best to archive released clips of the remaster. I actually tracked down and found an Australian StudioCanal promo which no one had seen before, and posted it to my channel.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Eric_Manchester wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 am That material was only released for showing in cinemas. D-Cinema Packages (DCP) are encrypted. The decryption keys are issued for the specific player in the cinema and are valid only for a limited time (often less than a week, sometimes as little as a few hours). You can have the DCP, but without a decryption key, those files are useless. Even if you have the package and valid keys, the video stream from the player to the projector is itself encrypted, and can only be decrypted by a secure board in the projector itself. That means you can't pipe the signal from the player to a recorder and capture it that way. The only way anyone could copy the picture would be to aim a videorecorder at the cinema screen.

:shock: Nice explanation :geek:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Pretty daft that we should even be having this conversation. You'd think we were talking about top miltary secrets, and not some tv show from 60 years ago. Why the big secrecy and obsession with stopping people from having it? It would be different if they actually had any intention of making it available to buy.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 am Pretty daft that we should even be having this conversation. You'd think we were talking about top miltary secrets, and not some tv show from 60 years ago. Why the big secrecy and obsession with stopping people from having it? It would be different if they actually had any intention of making it available to buy.
Which is almost what I was trying to say in the first p;ace. If they release it, how much better would it even be from our undubbed and overdubbed versions that are already out there? Everything they actually release is tampered with, and unless they actually saved source rolls, I doubt there is anything much more preserved. Anything 'better' in quality is going to be digitally altered and not true to source, so you'll still never have all fans truely satisfied. So yeahit is kind of a empty point when it comes to this particular concert. Anyone claiming there is alt footage, well it's usually just re edited and altered. I'm down was at the beginning and end of the film. Not too hard, if footage differs, to re edit the two versions of film around. I think the only thing lacked was Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby up til Anthology, which when we got that the undubbed and redubbed circulated of the whole thing. Realistically, It would be more satisfying to see releases each year of maybe a Blu Ray of any actual Apple Vault material that is unbootlegged for that Anniversary year.
skynet

Post by skynet »

Patrick Healy wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:49 pm How do they screen it if it is encrypted then?
Eric_Manchester did a great explanation on this, just to add:

For security reasons and to avoid piracy (this coming from an INFOSEC Engineer= IE. me), it’s useful to encrypt once and distribute to many, in a one-to-many fashion. this allows to restrict where encrypted content is played, enabling playout in a site-by-site or screen-by-screen manner per the business requirements of the rights owner. Content encryption is managed such that the matter of trust is further narrowed, away from exhibitors, and towards an even smaller number of actors: the equipment manufacturers. the encrypted media is sent with a security key that has a security key counterpart in the hardware that the movie is being played (similar to what happens when you purchase a movie say, through itunes) this allow only the hardware in which the movie is "signed" to be played.

This practice was implemented after movies that were distributed to theaters through Hard Drives, were easily copied, sometimes by the cineplex employees to illegally distribute the content. now if you try to copy these movies on a BD or another HD the movie will be render useless

sorry if the content of this is a bit technical i had tried to simplify it

Regards
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

My humble question.

Would it be approved to post it here?
It has been shown.

If I did I might be a hero here. But whats in it for me? E.G what is the alternative?
If one did have it.

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff