Surprised Shea Stadium 2016 Hasn't Been Leaked !

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Carose

Surprised Shea Stadium 2016 Hasn't Been Leaked !

Post by Carose »

Just been thinking about the remastered 2016 print of Shea Stadium that was shown with the Ron Howard film and the fact that it's never leaked its way into the collector community , (Apple must have it under heavy guard) , I guess at this stage of the game it'll never see a proper official release which is a real sad thing, but It would be great additional bonus material to the Get Back DVD , the 1965 stadium show and the 1969 rooftop show .
Lord Reith

Re: Surprised Shea Stadium 2016 Hasn't Been Leaked !

Post by Lord Reith »

I was reading some old threads on another forum and seeing how many people were expecting Shea to be included with the dvd or released soon after. Kind of reminded me of the current situation with Get Back / Let It Be!

The film is sent to theatres on a hard drive but it is encrypted. So there's no way anyone could have made a surreptitious copy. The only hope would be a screener made for somebody, but they are usually watermarked.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

How do they screen it if it is encrypted then?
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

How much better can it be to what we have already? P_icturewise, unless they have source reels of footage yet in better quality? Change anything in the picture quality of what we got on bootleg already and what you gain here and there you lose something else here and there. Audio, we already have the original audio and the tampered and overdubbed onto audio. Someone can always demix a decent stereo audio track, which is pretty much all that Apple could do as well. So what we would end up with is a lot of fans saying 'Ugh! re edited video!' or 'Ugh! Redone audio!' from purists. Now if they wanted to do a simple dvd/Blu Ray live box set, it'd be like the one semi legal three record vinyl set with:
Feb. 11th 1964 Washingtom Colleseum
1965 Shea Stadium
1966 Live In Japan
Covers All three years of full touring years.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:20 pm How much better can it be to what we have already? P_icturewise, unless they have source reels of footage yet in better quality? Change anything in the picture quality of what we got on bootleg already and what you gain here and there you lose something else here and there. Audio, we already have the original audio and the tampered and overdubbed onto audio. Someone can always demix a decent stereo audio track, which is pretty much all that Apple could do as well. So what we would end up with is a lot of fans saying 'Ugh! re edited video!' or 'Ugh! Redone audio!' from purists. Now if they wanted to do a simple dvd/Blu Ray live box set, it'd be like the one semi legal three record vinyl set with:
Feb. 11th 1964 Washingtom Colleseum
1965 Shea Stadium
1966 Live In Japan
Covers All three years of full touring years.
Man the picture quality would be insanely better. You're comparing a 1990s telecine on a DVD to a 4K film scan.
gvout

Post by gvout »

As good as it was, imagine what Peter Jackson could do with it with the newer technology.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Does someone know if the 2016 film version includes She's A Woman & Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby?
Mike
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:31 pm Does someone know if the 2016 film version includes She's A Woman & Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby?
Mike
No, the footage of those songs is lost because they don’t have the raw camera footage anymore.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

gvout wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:04 pm As good as it was, imagine what Peter Jackson could do with it with the newer technology.
Shea with DNR would look bad imo. Plus Peter would probably crop it.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

AdamBound wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:51 pm
beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:31 pm Does someone know if the 2016 film version includes She's A Woman & Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby?
Mike
No, the footage of those songs is lost because they don’t have the raw camera footage anymore.
Not exactly true but I'll get shot if I elaborate on this.