"Strawberry Fields Forever" promo film outtakes

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Tex

"Strawberry Fields Forever" promo film outtakes

Post by Tex »

I see AdamBound posted some "Strawberry Fields Forever" film outtakes. (longer edit is linked)
Last edited by Tex on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Re: "Strawberry Fields Forever" promo film outtakes

Post by Kwai Chang »

Thank you, Engonoceras!!!
Awesome find!!!
While we're at it...where's the piano?
Nevermind. I think Seven Oaks has only six trees now. AdamBound really knows his strawberries. Why/how does the best stuff get passed over and left for the janitor? Especially when the TV picture quality wasn't good enough to see the piano strings or pouring paint. Is this is an extension of the ski poles levity in the alps. It didn't work well in the Alps anyway...Abracadabra, and presto...the REVOLVER moment has ended. This is called...out of ideas...damn, that was fast. And, exactly how does this not-miming choreography protect Union musician's jobs or royalties. Isn't that beautiful Kodakchrome a waste of time, since, the film debuted on American Bandstand in B&W? Was this a tip of the hat to the Black & White colorless line drawing by Klaus? Did the Musicians Union wave the white flag after this? The videos for Hey Jude and Revolution are mimed including the The Union Musicians in the orchestra. AdamBound, Thank you, Sir. I cant imagine any of the editing trim going into the trash.
KC
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

It would be nice to have the outtakes in better quality, but more importantly it would be great to see a little extra of these filmed sessions too
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:45 am The videos for Hey Jude and Revolution are mimed including the The Union Musicians in the orchestra.
KC
Not mimed, The vocals are live over a backing track.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

I imagine all the unbootlegged stuff will show up someday. There's no way it will be unavailable for 50 years. (Before people comment, yes I know these films are all 50 years old, though trading them as computer files didn't begin until the 1990s and 2000s obviously)
I imagine within 50 years time since the 90s and 2000s you'll have everything.
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Very nice find. Maybe even more will turn up. Possibly Penny Lane too.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

JPM7756 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:39 pm Very nice find. Maybe even more will turn up. Possibly Penny Lane too.
JUST finished Penny Lane. Sadly only 5 minutes but still this is all that I’ve got. Enjoy!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Very nice surprise! Thanks for making these available.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Excellent!!!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:04 pm
Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:45 am The videos for Hey Jude and Revolution are mimed including the The Union Musicians in the orchestra.
KC
Not mimed, The vocals are live over a backing track.
Does that mean the Musicians Union is only threatened by lip-synched vocals? Does that include backing vocals? That must be why nobody is alarmed by the chunk of foam stuffed under the Hofner's strings. Does anyone know how many audio takes we have of Revolution? Hey Jude? Assuming they filmed two complete takes w/ open mic vocals to a common backing track, do we have both already? That would be awesome if they had done a similar type video for SFF and Penny Lane. Multiple takes? Open mic! Damn!
If anyone understands how these promo films were in compliance with Union policy, please enlighten me. ANY help is appreciated!
Thank you, MarkRJones1970!
KC

AdamBound, Thank you for Penny Lane! It is a thing of rare beauty! I don't get it...I like Penny Lane least of all the Pepper stuff. Here, it appeals in a way previously unknown. Awesome work!