I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
lyntone

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE

Post by lyntone »

Superb stuff. It really brings out the bonkers absurdity of the Dutch telly shows.

Rejoice! A new cosmic portal has been opened thanks to Timelord Reith!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. We at Wormworx aim to please. And if we don't do it right the first time, we just go back in time to an earlier point and do it again! For all you know, this could be the tenth time I've posted these tracks.

Now onto some more eavesdropping. Here we have the other song videotaped the same as Hey Jude: Revolution. They did two takes, this being the first and less common. Like with HJ, they sang along to specially made mixes which comprised the instruments and some of the EMI vocals. With HJ, their backing track had included the studio vocals all the way up till the big closing coda, where they were muted so Paul could do it all live. With Revolution, the tape included the EMI vocals for the "Don't you know it's gonna be all right, all right" sections, the "all right!" bits at the very end and, oddly, one other line "You say you changed the constitution". John Paul and George sang along to these vocals.

So on this video we have two audio tracks (which can be chosen under the AUDIO tab in VLC Player or maybe with the remote control on your tv). I should say first that the video is very good quality and was done by csnyfan from materials I provided him. He used a very sophisticated AI deinterlacer to turn the 29.97i video original into a 59.94p mp4 (if that means nothing to you... it just means it looks as good as possible).

Track 1 is the live vocals only, with all the prerecorded vocals and instruments muted. I won't spoil it by saying too much, but you should have fun picking out all the live vocal bits which are essentially inaudible in the original video. They sure sing this great. John's voice is cold as ice and Paul is ripping into his part like it's Tutti Frutti. For my buck, this has far more bang than the vocals on the record.

Track 2 is the full audio but with the live vocals boosted because they are somewhat faint on the original video. This gives a better balance between vocals and instruments.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-jan-19

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

BDJ wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:07 am Ha, caught you out! Someone with the same name as yours had done it before! 8-)
That is one of the unfortunate pitfalls of time travel. That was actually me travelling back in time from now to post them back then. Now there are two of us. And we fight like crazy. The Gallagher brothers have nothing on us.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gilbeatle

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Revolution)

Post by Gilbeatle »

No words to thank you, Lord !!!!
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

It's amazing what can be done with audio!
I'm assuming it can't be done for everything? --- presumably many mimed tv appearances would be just the prerecorded audio without the inclusion of a small amount of live audio hidden underneath?
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

:o "29.97i video original into a 59.94p mp4 (if that means nothing to you... it just means it looks as good as possible)." :o

Amazing Work. Thanks my Master LR ! :geek:
jpgrjd

Post by jpgrjd »

That is excellent.

I've even managed to play both vocal tracks without any problem.

This is like having a whole new set of songs. Just live the live vocals over the backing track. I suppose this is not really any different from adding the vocals later when in the recording studio.

Does this open up the possibility of having a whole new set of different vocal versions.

What is the best way to get just the audio? or can it be posted. So I can play in the car on my cd player.

John
BeatleDan

Post by BeatleDan »

womderful work as always!
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Great idea. I look forward to listening to it later.
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Thanks for the Revolution Lord