I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Kwai Chang

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Revolution)

Post by Kwai Chang »

So, the videos of Revolution and Hey Jude are both meant to look NOT-mimed!
Somebody please tell Paul to take the chunk of foam out from under the Hofner's strings. And, see if there is an exercise bike for Ringo. Has the second take of Revolution ever been cut into a usable edit that features the other lead vocal? Also, was csnyfan working strictly on sharpening the picture or was there editing or the need to synch up any footage etc. taking place? The quick cut editing on Revolution is a little bit excessive. I would have much preferred some clips that last long enough to see the singer singing. This doesn't really make sense, since the band didn't do public performances, why pretend to be performing on David Frost when you were really just miming? No wonder Revolution has no audience participation. I think it would be more convincing to just mime to a complete prerecorded take. Until we hear a different lead vocal, this is only slightly better than chaos. And, nobody ever thought it would be seen more than once. What is hilarious is that they think they are ready to 'Get Back'!?!?! I can't believe this was good enough to make them keep Michael Lindsay-Hogg for the REAL thing!
Please keep going, Lord Reith.
ANY performance will be perfect.
Thank you, Sire!
KC
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

I have always wondered - did they know Lindsay-Hogg was Orson Welles' son?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

rtbcIII wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:34 am I have always wondered - did they know Lindsay-Hogg was Orson Welles' son?
I had wondered that myself. But in MLH's latest interview there's a discussion about how he met OW as a young man but there is no mention of being his son.

Amusingly, he spent 2/3 of the interview talking about his favourite cigars.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:29 am Amusingly, he spent 2/3 of the interview talking about his favourite cigars.
Because sometimes a cigar can be more than a cigar?
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

I don't think there remains any question about the paternity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/book ... eview.html

He seems understandably haunted by Welles. And the cigar affectation often feels like part of it.

Last edited by rtbcIII on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

Post by Lord Reith »

Like I said, here is an Earworm of LTS from the Dutch tv appearance.

Paul goes off mic quite a bit during this so it is a bit frustrating. He doesn't really get right on the mic until the last part. But you can still hear him and it is quite interesting. Perhaps he felt a little bit odd trying to sing Little Richard without the band behind him, because he sounds very subdued.

See watcha thinK:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-24th-jan
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jpa

Post by jpa »

Thanks for this as well!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

20YearsAgo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:03 am Because sometimes a cigar can be more than a cigar?
Besides, Neumann microphones like cigar smoke. And for realism, MLH begins both videos(Hey Jude, Revolution) with audible vocal count ins from prerecorded tape but NOBODY in the shot is speaking into their mics. The count-in audio could have been wiped from both videos with zero harm. Instead, BOTH videos begin like a Godzilla movie. Not only does it draw attention to itself, it also gives the situation a confused starting point. To have that in one video is bad enough, but both? Peter Jackson says that "they really enjoyed performing Hey Jude in front of an audience. They liked it so much that they decided to record their next album in front of an audience".
Hogg was the right guy for this new album in front of an audience. It will be like Paperback Writer and Hey Jude!
MLH should realize that Phil Spector carried Let It Be through its theatrical release itinerary.
Spector's finesse was not without ambition. He just wanted to write Phil+Ronnie in the dead wax of the Let It Be album.
That was enough.
The Long Tall Sally must have been the moment they realized security needed to be the prime consideration. The crowd really screws the performance up. The crowd might not have realized what the band was doing but TV audience couldn't miss the prerecorded failure.
Thank you, Lord Reith
KC
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks for this as well, Lord !!!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thanks M'Lord...