I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
rhino

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE

Post by rhino »

Looking forward to digging into these. Thanks Lord Reith !
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Great stuff Lord Reith. One minor observation, Jimmy's head is a touch too big for Ringo's body - but it's all good stuff. Thank you.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you very much Lord.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AMAZING M'Lord - Thank you for your latest awesomeness.
datters

Post by datters »

Thank you. Always amazing.
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Ha, caught you out! Someone with the same name as yours had done it before! 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1646&hilit=hey+jude

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=515&hilit=tres+long
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks again. You are awesome, Lord !!!!!! :) :)
Sheldi

Post by Sheldi »

George is singing something that's not I Feel Fine in the Intertel Gym video, at about 25 seconds in ...

Can anyone make that out?
Tex

Post by Tex »

George liked to sing out of time to throw them off.

He does the same thing in the "Ticket To Ride" video.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:33 am Being true professionals, The Beatles always actually sang when they were miming to their records on tv. It makes for a far more convincing effect.
If you say so!
Thank you, Lord Reith! I somehow missed this on your June 3, 2021 post.
Well, THIS kind of professionalism would have been quite risky on Feb. 9...
in fact, I doubt that they would have been on TV in Holland if the Ed Sullivan shows had been mimed to prerecorded music. But, this performance started out in a convincing manner...I mean, is George Harrison still using Preludin??? This skinny guitarist seems completely unconcerned about who the drummer is...JUST like the camera director(check the drummer between 2:17 and 2:18...did you see him?). The youngest Beatle must think he's still on the Reeperbahn. Mach shau, young man, mach shau!!! It sure looks like a live performance, and why wouldn't it? George's vocal is fierce. His physical delivery does the rest. If the band can 'go through the motions', then George's vocal will do the rest. Just watch the effect it has on Paul(1:32). When have we EVER seen Paul break into such fancy foot shuffling? And the illusion is complete--->good enough for television. George even flubs the lyrics a couple of times but he catches himself so quickly, that nobody even notices. I say 'nobody' because, as we can see, the band is shown throughout the clip with the studio audience watching from either side of the stage. I found it odd that the audience is in a tranquil emotional state. So, who are the two clowns with the Beatle-Wigs? Why are they encouraging the audience to disrupt the performance? They haven't even watched them sing one song. Was anyone in charge of this mayhem(R.O.B. 2:32)? Perhaps, those audience members are disgruntled Ringo fans who noticed Jimmy Nichols started drumming late on Roll Over Beethoven.
OR,
maybe, the audience doesn't understand what the prerecorded tape is NOT a form of deception...it's only because Ringo isn't here.
Alright, how about doing another one , then?
(Rolling!!!)
and...oops!!!
Hey! That backing track has a lead vocal! Pay, attention Paul! TOO LATE!
Well, you could have brought a German pressing of that song. It has a hi-hat intro. Oh...I forgot, Jimmy would have missed the hi-hat anyway!
Geez...this backing track also has backing vocals...at 1:49, George and John stop singing 'oooo' but their vocals continue. John's microphone never got plugged in anyway. So, it's probably not important that Paul's live vocal looks like it is also on the tape. I can't be sure since it sounds like the commercial version of the song at the beginning. But Paul looks like he is miming in many places. Does it matter?
If you had tried this on Feb. 9, you would never have gone to Miami or, gotten to meet Cassius Clay! Why?
Because, Ed Sullivan's audience might have seen that something wasn't right. But, I don't know where Ed's audience was sitting.
The Ed Sullivan footage never shows the audience in the shot with the group.
I would try to scrutinize this even more but, I don't want to miss anything at the forum.
There will be more insights from other members.
This is only the beginning!
Thank you, Lord Reith!
KC