FAB: John Lennon - Remastered Archives

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
BTL1210

Re: FAB: John Lennon - Remastered Archives

Post by BTL1210 »

WOW - Truly AWESOME JL shares !!! .... Thank you.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

EXCELLENT - Thank you.
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

harrythebannister wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:09 pm I think FAB has redone 1971 yet again.
You are right. John Lennon 1971 Remastered Archives nowadays look like this:

I hope that somebody can or will upload the new 1971 Remastered archives.
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

So instead just four DVDs it's now eleven DVDs.
FileUnderT

Post by FileUnderT »

Has anyone got the 1971 remastered archive complete, I missed the links
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

FileUnderT wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:18 pm Has anyone got the 1971 remastered archive complete, I missed the links
They weren't even posted.
sternla

Post by sternla »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:18 pm Do you have 2006 by any chance?
In terms of the lennon 71 series by fab, my file list shows these were first issued in his fake capitol series as 3 volumes in 2005
these had a green tinted menu with a countdown clock and then the apple films lead in.
as best i can tell most of the fake capitols were then issued as fab productions disks with just new cover art.
I do have a few disks where he redid the menus with new fab productions menus, so I've kept open the possibility that more of those do exist, but I think it is unlikely. I think it transitioned to fab in 2006. But it's possible it happened at the end of 05. when fab started he also added serial numbers. but his serial numbers and his titles can be a mess and he makes lots of errors there. I prefer to use all 3 parameters, serial number, title, and year of release to fully identify which fab disk you are talking about or trading. I have many traders send me ones I already had because this wasn't followed.
there are a few "fabs" in circulation with no fab menus. its possible these were non fab releases that entered circulation as fabs. but its also possible he sold them that way, as he's copied a few folks material and repackaged it as his own. historically, this is very common amongst bootleggers. anybody familiar with the saga of trade mark of quality knows those stories, though it did bother me a bit when he copied some of mcp's disks. anyway i digress...

the 71 archives were then "remastered" in 2010 and expanded to 4 volumes

he made things a bit confusing by adding some volumes that included multiple years of material in subsequent releases.

in 2021 he rereleased the 71 archives series as 6 x 2 DVD sets.

i'd be surprised if there was something on the earlier release that is not on the latter release. So, the earlier releases are really only desirable by the fab "completist". if you have an example of something on the earlier set that is omitted latter, please describe that.

I do encourage folks to support fab as they are doing the hard work and where would we be without them. everybody should buy something from them.
I have bought from him before and I plan to do so again.

my PSA.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

sternla wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:20 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:18 pm Do you have 2006 by any chance?
In terms of the lennon 71 series by fab, my file list shows these were first issued in his fake capitol series as 3 volumes in 2005
these had a green tinted menu with a countdown clock and then the apple films lead in.
as best i can tell most of the fake capitols were then issued as fab productions disks with just new cover art.
I do have a few disks where he redid the menus with new fab productions menus, so I've kept open the possibility that more of those do exist, but I think it is unlikely. I think it transitioned to fab in 2006. But it's possible it happened at the end of 05. when fab started he also added serial numbers. but his serial numbers and his titles can be a mess and he makes lots of errors there. I prefer to use all 3 parameters, serial number, title, and year of release to fully identify which fab disk you are talking about or trading. I have many traders send me ones I already had because this wasn't followed.
there are a few "fabs" in circulation with no fab menus. its possible these were non fab releases that entered circulation as fabs. but its also possible he sold them that way, as he's copied a few folks material and repackaged it as his own. historically, this is very common amongst bootleggers. anybody familiar with the saga of trade mark of quality knows those stories, though it did bother me a bit when he copied some of mcp's disks. anyway i digress...

the 71 archives were then "remastered" in 2010 and expanded to 4 volumes

he made things a bit confusing by adding some volumes that included multiple years of material in subsequent releases.

in 2021 he rereleased the 71 archives series as 6 x 2 DVD sets.

i'd be surprised if there was something on the earlier release that is not on the latter release. So, the earlier releases are really only desirable by the fab "completist". if you have an example of something on the earlier set that is omitted latter, please describe that.

I do encourage folks to support fab as they are doing the hard work and where would we be without them. everybody should buy something from them.
I have bought from him before and I plan to do so again.

my PSA.
Thanks for the detailed response. Harry supplied me with the DVD I was after. It appears the DVD was released in 2016, plus it features materials discovered after 2006. Frankly I don't know why FAB put 2006 on the box. Maybe it was a typo for 2016.
Caton4

Post by Caton4 »

HI !!
alguien seria tan amable de re upload 1972 Vol. 1 ?
Desde ya muchas gracias y un cordial saludo a todos los integrantes del foro!
Caton

HI!!
would someone be so kind as to re upload 1972 Vol. 1?
Thank you very much in advance and a cordial greeting to all the members of the forum!
Caton