NEVER BEFORE SEEN Yellow Submarine 3D Disney Remake

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Tex

Re: NEVER BEFORE SEEN Yellow Submarine 3D Disney Remake

Post by Tex »

If someone was creating test footage for a major animation project why would they basically trace over real film of the Beatles (which has nothing to do with the animation).

It seems to me a real submission would instead take an actual animated scene from the film and recreate it in a more modern animation style.

To simply use real footage of the boys and scope THAT to create the render points for this horrible lame animation defeats the point entirely. The animation could have been done last month by one guy with a basic digital animation program as far as we know.

I'm sorry but all this raises red flags for me. I think it's as legit as the "She Loves You" session tape video. It looks more like rejected Harmonix animation at best.
Last edited by Tex on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
skynet

Post by skynet »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:45 pm If someone was creating test footage for a major animation project why would they basically trace over real film of the Beatles (which has nothing to do with the animation).

It seems to me a real submission would instead take actual animation from the film and recreate it in a more modern animation style.

To simply use real footage and use that to define the render points of the new animation is lazy and defeats the point of the submission or test.

I'm sorry but all this raises red flags for me.
Not defending the post autenticity, but the screen tests attached looks and match other "imagemovers" designs (Mars Needs Moms, Polar express beowolf, etc), also you can find more of the sketches here (pretty much the same creepy crap) but also the Video of the screen test of Cary Elwes as George Harrison en the link https://cancelled-movies.fandom.com/wik ... make_film)

For example this comparison test... no wonder why Disney called this movie off

dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

I am so glad that this project never happened. I remember reading about it at the time and I was not very cool with it. Yellow Submarine is one of those "rite of passage" movie for all kids much like The Wizard Of Oz is. There is absolutely no need for a remake and doing one could diminish the brand name as a whole. However upon seeing more footage and illustrations from other websites I could see where a newly written sequel using different Beatles songs could be kind of cool. "Octopus's Garden" anyone?
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

It's a shame that genuine Beatles dialogue wasn't used in the original film but with "deep fake" AI technology, somebody like Peter Jackson could have an intense study of the voice of each Beatle in '68 undertaken and then make the voices of the actors reading out the lines for each Beatle character in the original film sound like authentic Beatles voices. Doing something like that might be the best remake idea for the film.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:45 pm If someone was creating test footage for a major animation project why would they basically trace over real film of the Beatles (which has nothing to do with the animation).

It seems to me a real submission would instead take an actual animated scene from the film and recreate it in a more modern animation style.

To simply use real footage of the boys and scope THAT to create the render points for this horrible lame animation defeats the point entirely. The animation could have been done last month by one guy with a basic digital animation program as far as we know.

I'm sorry but all this raises red flags for me. I think it's as legit as the "She Loves You" session tape video. It looks more like rejected Harmonix animation at best.
Your text is all wrong, I'm sorry for being mean but you know 0% of how a animation is made...

Anyway, this is the new footage directly from one of the animators

maybe this will change your mind over the veracity

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
Pink Pajamas

Post by Pink Pajamas »

I will take the opposite opinion and say that I wish this had been made. I like Christmas Carol. It wouldn’t replace the original for me, but it would have been a cool companion.
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

Pink Pajamas wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:21 am I will take the opposite opinion and say that I wish this had been made. I like Christmas Carol. It wouldn’t replace the original for me, but it would have been a cool companion.
I loved Motion capture animation when it first came out in early 2000's, but I really dislike mars needs moms, it's just gross...
Besides that, mocap has improved a lot since then! Sure it would look miles better with today's tech.

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
Golem

Post by Golem »

I know this will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I always felt Yellow Submarine hasn't aged well, at least visually. If the full movie was as good as the animatics showed then this probably would have been the best way to watch the movie for me. It certainly would have brought the Beatles to a larger audience at the very least.

I've seen some even say this is an insult to the Beatles! Which, come on, the Beatles didn't even voice or write the movie.
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Many thanks for the upload. I hadn't realised how much work went into this before it was cancelled. I'm not sure how it would have been received if it had been completed but I'm sure I would have enjoyed it!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »