READY STEADY GO!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
onemojofilter

Re: READY STEADY GO!

Post by onemojofilter »

journeyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm I have this old VHS tape somewhere too, although listed as RSG I believe the footage is from the 'Around The Beatles' TV Special the rights of which were probably picked up by Dave Clarke.....maybe someone else could conform this?
Yes, Dave Clark picked up the rights to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Around_the_Beatles#Legacy
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

PS to my post above:

Don't want to highjack the thread, but I just want to say that I'm someone who appreciates all that is done here, and that not all of us, for many reasons, have the ability to share. In my case, I live in the middle of nowhere, and even to download a CD-worth of material, I have to do it overnight, and, at my age, I don't have the skills to create and/or upload material.

At the old 'zone I proofed some stuff for colturkey/csnyfan, pointed links to unused original artwork for the Yellow Sub movie poster, and, as I stated above, helped with some LDs...the above-mentioned RSG!, The Making of A Hard Day's Night (with Phil Collins as narrator), and Help!

The point is this: thanks to ALL who have the ability and time to share here, and the rest of us are appreciative, and will do whatever we can, when we can.

Thanks.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 am This was a very rare vhs tape only released in Norway. It has all the songs from their three Ready Steady Go appearances plus quite a lot of the chat. Some of the songs were issued on compilation tapes in other countries, but not this compilation. John is so funny during It Won't Be Long.

A 25p mpeg2 capture from the original tape, with flac audio. This is a multi-part zip file. Do not try and unzip part 002. Just right click on part 001 and unzip and you will get the whole 47min file. If you have problems use 7zip freeware.

https://tinyurl.com/byebye-april-23rd
https://tinyurl.com/byebye-april-23

Right, that's it from me. :ugeek:
Thank you very much!
datters

Post by datters »

A whole new era not totally aware of before. Thank you very much for the postings.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

robbmacc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:23 pm PS to my post above:

Don't want to highjack the thread, but I just want to say that I'm someone who appreciates all that is done here, and that not all of us, for many reasons, have the ability to share. In my case, I live in the middle of nowhere, and even to download a CD-worth of material, I have to do it overnight, and, at my age, I don't have the skills to create and/or upload material.

At the old 'zone I proofed some stuff for colturkey/csnyfan, pointed links to unused original artwork for the Yellow Sub movie poster, and, as I stated above, helped with some LDs...the above-mentioned RSG!, The Making of A Hard Day's Night (with Phil Collins as narrator), and Help!

The point is this: thanks to ALL who have the ability and time to share here, and the rest of us are appreciative, and will do whatever we can, when we can.

Thanks.
Understood Robb. But forgive us if we get excited when you mention you have something tasty...like your LDs. I am sure I'm not alone in having a gap in my collection when it comes to these. Only have a few good VHS rips. LD rips instead would be preferred. But hard to find.

Most of us don't have the combined resources to rip/share. I have two LD players but most of the Beatles releases are NTSC and my players are PAL. Even if I track down a NTSC/PAL player I then have to look abroad for the discs...expensive and risky way to obtain. But if I had all the above I could certainly rip and I have a good connection for uploading...

...so pretty much the opposite issues to you Robb. It's a bummer!

Going off topic slightly I get same problems with 8 tracks. I have a couple of players. I can rip from them. But it was never popular here in the UK so finding cartridges in any number and/or at a reasonable price is hard work.

I see peeps in the US on Facebook who go out for a day trip to secondhand and thrift stores and come home with a boot (translation for USA: trunk) full for pennies! But these guys seem to have no interest in ripping or sharing. Frustrating.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

This video uploaded to YouTube recently has some colour behind the scenes footage that's not very common:
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

'together again'

hxxps://we.tl/t-JV1H9AJ7eW

not top notch, but still

fl
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

'time for an upgrade, anyone ?'

hxxps://we.tl/t-zvqV9495DK

fl
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Might help if you tell us what these are then we'll know if we want to download them. Thanks
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK