READY STEADY GO!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Re: READY STEADY GO!

Post by Lord Reith »

Nimbus wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:50 pm Lord R - I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread. I have a similar VHS (Ready Steady Go - Special Edition) from 1985. Featuring different performances such as Shout, Can't Buy Me Love, the 'Medley' and others on 20 minutes of goodness. Not sure if it's already out there but it's good to have them in one place.

https://tinyurl.com/a2nez3mk

I also have a 'Ready Steady Go' 52 minute compilation taped from Channel 4 on VHS. This features the performances but with some extended chat (such as Dusty's chat with George about the plane door opening and his wig - she also asks about his guitars etc). It's probably all been seen before but if anyone is interested ....
No problem at all - thanks for the share!

I do have a series called The Best Of Ready Steady Go which has about 4 episodes I think. It has a few chat fragments that aren't on the Norwegian tape.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Ok, here's another Ready, Steady, Go collection. This was taped on VHS from a series that Channel 4 put out in the mid 1980's. Most of it is in Lord Reith's tape but the intro's and chat is more extensive in places and there's The Beatles shouting back up vocals to Long John Baldry on 'I've Got My Mojo Working'. I bet someone on here could make a definitive 'Ready, Steady, Go' collection from these and stuff that's on youtube. Maybe it's already been done, I don't know. I'd have a crack myself but I don't have the skills :(

https://tinyurl.com/3kud7kk3
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Nimbus wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 am Ok, here's another Ready, Steady, Go collection. This was taped on VHS from a series that Channel 4 put out in the mid 1980's. Most of it is in Lord Reith's tape but the intro's and chat is more extensive in places and there's The Beatles shouting back up vocals to Long John Baldry on 'I've Got My Mojo Working'. I bet someone on here could make a definitive 'Ready, Steady, Go' collection from these and stuff that's on youtube. Maybe it's already been done, I don't know. I'd have a crack myself but I don't have the skills :(

https://tinyurl.com/3kud7kk3

Cool, thanks. I will upload the original edited together shows soon(ish).
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I found my lossless reconstructions of the three RSG shows so I will encode them to mp4 and upload them.

A couple of years ago the missing opening section of RSG 1 was aired on the BBC. It shows the beatles being wheeled out on a platform by fans as they play the first part of Twist And Shout. Anyone got that handy?
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 pm I found my lossless reconstructions of the three RSG shows so I will encode them to mp4 and upload them.

A couple of years ago the missing opening section of RSG 1 was aired on the BBC. It shows the beatles being wheeled out on a platform by fans as they play the first part of Twist And Shout. Anyone got that handy?
Nice. Nice too: having 2 Losslesscut excerpts of the programme thanks to Phil_Lip & macho. Dunno how to determine which one is ultimately higher quality. macho's has the logo outside the frame and is 50fps, but just by repeating them it seems.
hxxps://we.tl/t-CfTuxcqEHU
I also attached an edit by file_under (who did Washington at 60fps) using good old CRT Collection - I wonder whom to credit for that one :D .
hxxps://we.tl/t-LgN00IrXBW
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

[/quote]
Here 'tis!
hxxps://we.tl/t-kmrqVHNlbM
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Nimbus wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:50 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 am This was a very rare vhs tape only released in Norway. It has all the songs from their three Ready Steady Go appearances plus quite a lot of the chat. Some of the songs were issued on compilation tapes in other countries, but not this compilation. John is so funny during It Won't Be Long.
Lord R - I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread. I have a similar VHS (Ready Steady Go - Special Edition) from 1985. Featuring different performances such as Shout, Can't Buy Me Love, the 'Medley' and others on 20 minutes of goodness. Not sure if it's already out there but it's good to have them in one place.

I also have a 'Ready Steady Go' 52 minute compilation taped from Channel 4 on VHS. This features the performances but with some extended chat (such as Dusty's chat with George about the plane door opening and his wig - she also asks about his guitars etc). It's probably all been seen before but if anyone is interested ....
Nimbus is it your own rip?
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm A couple of years ago the missing opening section of RSG 1 was aired on the BBC. It shows the beatles being wheeled out on a platform by fans as they play the first part of Twist And Shout. Anyone got that handy?

Here 'tis!
hxxps://we.tl/t-kmrqVHNlbM
Thanks! I haven't seen this before.

It's almost as if they're playing on the back of a lorry during a village fete.
dannysonar

Post by dannysonar »

Nimbus wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:50 pm Lord R - I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread. I have a similar VHS (Ready Steady Go - Special Edition) from 1985. Featuring different performances such as Shout, Can't Buy Me Love, the 'Medley' and others on 20 minutes of goodness. Not sure if it's already out there but it's good to have them in one place.
I have this VHS somewhere too. I don't know why it was called "Ready Steady Go" when it was release in the 80's as it's actually the Beatles section of the "Around the Beatles" TV special ...
I remember finding it so damn short when I watched it, especially at a time when there was virtually no other live/TV appearance video release officially available ! But I was thrilled by "Shout" and noticed a lot of miming mistakes (mostly by John, of course :))
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

ianbuckers wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:10 pm
Nimbus wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:50 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 am This was a very rare vhs tape only released in Norway. It has all the songs from their three Ready Steady Go appearances plus quite a lot of the chat. Some of the songs were issued on compilation tapes in other countries, but not this compilation. John is so funny during It Won't Be Long.
Lord R - I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread. I have a similar VHS (Ready Steady Go - Special Edition) from 1985. Featuring different performances such as Shout, Can't Buy Me Love, the 'Medley' and others on 20 minutes of goodness. Not sure if it's already out there but it's good to have them in one place.

Nimbus is it your own rip?
Yes. This is the source of 'Ready, Steady, Go - Special Edition'.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The ... se/4070784

But as Dannysonar states, it's been mislabelled. I didn't realise it was not RSG.

The 52 minute compilation is also my rip, from Channel 4 in the 80's. That is RSG.... I think.