Hey Jude Recording Session (July 30, 1968) - Complete Footage Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Alessandro Rocchi

Re: Hey Jude Recording Session (July 30, 1968) - Complete Footage Reconstruction

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:47 am Here it is finally!
My attempt at a complete reconstruction of what was filmed on July 30, 1968 at Trident Studios, in the process of Hey Jude.Included is footage of a few takes and rehearsals, along with Paul teaching the song to George and footage shot in the control booth. Some of the clips are able to have real audio attached, while the rest I have either synced to a similar take, or simply dubbed over with audio in the case where there is no way for myself to sync it.
This is technically shorter in length than what HMC released, however my version simply removes the "excess"; repeated shots/clips. There are some moments which are silent unfortunately, as the available audio cuts off. However, most footage does have audio attached. Enjoy!

Permanent OneDrive link (unreliable/may not always work): https://1drv.ms/v/s!Amy-d3dEMXIn0Dj6H1q ... f?e=mVXI92

WeTransfer Link (good until Oct. 27): hxxps://we.tl/t-iVo2k5E043
Adam, thank you very much for this amazing reconstruction job, but are you sure this footage have been recorded at Trident Studios? Beatles On DVD site hxxp://www.beatlesondvd.com/19651969/19680730-bea.htm filed this footage on EMI Studios.
Ale.
AdamBound

Re: Hey Jude Recording Session (July 30, 1968) - Complete Footage Reconstruction

Post by AdamBound »

You are exactly right. Fixed ;)
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
beatlepaul

Post by beatlepaul »

Great job thank you very much :D
Paharishi

Post by Paharishi »

Really sensational. Thanks, Adam. We will be attentive to your next project. ;)
Ernesto

Post by Ernesto »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:19 am I just realized that I failed to mention what was on this video. It includes Paul arriving to the studio, showing the song to the rest of the band and providing instructions (specifically to George). There is then footage of recording takes for the song. For some of the clips I have had to reuse outtakes that are not the same as the video due to unavailability of the proper take. However, there is real audio for part of Takes 7 and 9. There is also a version of St. Louis Blues, but sadly the audio cuts off. There is then footage of George Martin, George Harrison, and Geoff Emerick in the control booth while takes are being attempted. The rest of the band also appears in the booth to listen back to takes.
Ken Scott, not Geoff Emerick.