THE BEATLES IN NEDERLAND (deluxe version)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
skynet

Re: THE BEATLES IN NEDERLAND (deluxe version)

Post by skynet »

Thank you Dear Lord

I already have the original one you posted way back in BZ, those these differ on something or is the same? it is a superb job to say the least :)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys glad you like it.
skynet wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:14 am Thank you Dear Lord

I already have the original one you posted way back in BZ, those these differ on something or is the same? it is a superb job to say the least :)
In this case I don't think it's any different no.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Dig It!!
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:05 am I posted this once before in BZ, but for those who never saw it, here is the Dutch tv appearance in stunning 50fps video and remastered audio:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-22nd-april

nederland1.jpgnederland2.jpgnederland3.jpgnederland4.jpg
I've never seen it in such high quality!
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

I'm curious for anyone who grew up in the 60s, did the miming of songs fool any of you? Like did you know they were miming and didn't care, or did you think they were actually playing? The reason I ask is because Jimmy's drum playing on this is painfully obvious (to me right now) that he's not actually playing. But I'm also not a kid anymore, so is it just me looking at it with some experience of knowing what someone is supposed to look like playing for real?
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

Real Boss LR.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

bobzilla wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:41 pm I'm curious for anyone who grew up in the 60s, did the miming of songs fool any of you? Like did you know they were miming and didn't care, or did you think they were actually playing? The reason I ask is because Jimmy's drum playing on this is painfully obvious (to me right now) that he's not actually playing. But I'm also not a kid anymore, so is it just me looking at it with some experience of knowing what someone is supposed to look like playing for real?
According to a book I have, The Beatles refused to perform live on this show giving the reason that "they don't trust any engineers except our own." The real reason was no doubt that they didn't want to be heard on national tv with Jimmy Nicol on drums! Given that he is playing EVERY SONG wrong, they absolutely made the right decision.

Imagine it... you're a studio drummer who gets a gig with the world's biggest band. Do you immediately swot up on all the actual drum parts (which are not all that complicated) and do a professional job of it, or do you just "wing it" and play whatever might suit you? When he starts playing the beginning of She Loves You on the snare and hi-hat, my jaw always drops. Totally clueless. Thank God they were miming and not live!

All that said... awesome show. Fortunately I had an audience recording made by the guy you see crouching at the side of the stage, so I synched this up with the tv audio and with a few tricks got a nice stereo mix.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Just watched this one tonight and its fantastic! It looks and sounds great Lord!

Its priceless to be able to get the full experience from the Q&A and seeing the audience excitement getting built up from basically mute at first half of SLY to losing their minds during CBML. The bands reactions to the audience make it a really fun for a lip-sync'd show.

Now, what the hell was this guy doing to Paul at 24:04?
Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.10.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.10.17 PM.png (338.79 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
BeatlesVI

Post by BeatlesVI »

:lol:
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:15 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:05 am I posted this once before in BZ, but for those who never saw it, here is the Dutch tv appearance in stunning 50fps video and remastered audio:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-22nd-april

nederland1.jpgnederland2.jpgnederland3.jpgnederland4.jpg
I've never seen it in such high quality!
I've never seen it!
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”