The Beatles at Chiswick Park 1966 - Complete Filming

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Liverpools Boy

Re: The Beatles at Chiswick Park 1966 - Complete Filming

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Many thanks for your hard work in this series of complete footage reconstruction. You're specializing in this.

But please advise about your sources. Now that I have these what titles we should, must, etc delete with confidence? and why? Many thanks in advance and we look forward to a response.
Pink Pajamas

Post by Pink Pajamas »

This is great work too ! Can you please post a link so I can download this footage ?

Thanks 🙏🏻
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

I didn't watch yet cos I'm not at home. But does this have the longer fade out of Rain? One of the bootleg dvd's had Rain outtakes with a mix of Rain with a longer than normal ending, and I know it wasn't a fake because it was the long master that was supposed to be on the original Unsurpassed Masters. I lost some stuff in a fire last month so I'm trying to rebuild my source material and people still use the same ol stereo mix of Rain overlooking that there were two different stereo mixes.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

If you put these in the right film take orders you can get a good idea why George and Ringo look bored after a while. There are 12 semi runthroughs here -
1 and 2 are both Take 10 of filming Paperback Writer - obviously filmed from a Camera A and Camera B Clipboard at both angles is Take 10

3 and 4 we don't have clip board numbers

5 is Take 1 of Rain. Since I do not see any overlapping numbers, I think we can for now assume filming takes were not for separate songs,so Rain was filmed first, and if all the 'And Your Bird Can Sing/She Said She Said' footage with the clipboard showing us it's 'Take 2' you can see George and Ringo ARE still having fun yet. And some of this footage should come before.....

6 Which is Rain take 3

7 no sign of a slate number but this could be a camera B footage for take 3

8 - is Take 11 of Rain which should be AFTER Paperback Writer take 10. I'm still assuming takes were filming takes not song takes based on how film production takes are done.
9 is take 12 which by take 11 and 12 you see George and Ringo are no longer having fun.

Putting all these in a closer to correct order is a neat way to get an idea of how filming went. I would guess the ones we have no take numbers for came between takes 3 and 10.
Some cuts or jumps in footage could be to other takes too since there is the possibility each take was filmed with an A and B camera. This was a wonderful watch and is a great compiling for a starting point to catalog all the footage!

If you do Strawberry Fields, since footage and takes were used reversed and forwards are you going to do it in all forwards, or both?
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

I made an updated version which fixes the order of the clips - everything should (mostly) be in the correct order of the slates. Enjoy!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:41 pm I made an updated version which fixes the order of the clips - everything should (mostly) be in the correct order of the slates. Enjoy!
I appreicate how you added Revolver songs to the parts where they're not singing. Keeps it vibrant I think.
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

Thanks, AdamBound. I always enjoy watching your work. Any news on the other 30 seconds of "Penny Lane" yet?
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Very cool-- thank you!
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you Adam.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

AdamBound wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:41 pm I made an updated version which fixes the order of the clips - everything should (mostly) be in the correct order of the slates. Enjoy!
Very cool! Thanks! Great job!