The Ultimate Concert For Bangladesh (50th Anniversary Edition)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
BroastedChicken

Re: The Ultimate Concert For Bangladesh (50th Anniversary Edition)

Post by BroastedChicken »

BroastedChicken wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:00 pm Just downloaded this and am preparing to watch it, but can anyone tell me what exactly is different about this "ultra" version of the film as compared to the official DVD of several years ago? Is it the same film, but in a higher resolution? Or is this different performances from those officially released on the DVD?
Bump.
MrP

Post by MrP »

the only information provided is all contained in initial post
BroastedChicken wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:00 pm Just downloaded this and am preparing to watch it, but can anyone tell me what exactly is different about this "ultra" version of the film as compared to the official DVD of several years ago? Is it the same film, but in a higher resolution? Or is this different performances from those officially released on the DVD?
BroastedChicken

MrP wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm the only information provided is all contained in initial post
Thanks, that's what I thought. Maybe I would need to do a side-by-side comparison, but this appears to be almost shot-for-shot identical to the official DVD, but with some noticeable differences in Dylan's set (and the addition of Love Minus Zero, which is a bonus track on the official DVD). I could be wrong about that; I just don't know. Even the downloadable text-file notes don't clearly state what it is that we're seeing. Is it the original theatrical print? An early cut of the theatrical print with alternate shots from the cutting-room floor inserted? An amalgam of the theatrical and DVD versions? The evening show but with a few performances swapped out with footage from the afternoon show?
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

The film is fully re-edited and restored to a 2K Ultra HD resolution using different sources.

The main source is the official DVD set which was upscaled to 2K using AI technology and color graded later.
The same was done to the other sources which were the official VHS release and documentaries.

Everything was then edited together for the most complete experiencing of the concert, including rehearsals, the available filmed performances and different angles/multi-cams.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

BroastedChicken wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:21 pm
MrP wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm the only information provided is all contained in initial post
Thanks, that's what I thought. Maybe I would need to do a side-by-side comparison, but this appears to be almost shot-for-shot identical to the official DVD, but with some noticeable differences in Dylan's set (and the addition of Love Minus Zero, which is a bonus track on the official DVD). I could be wrong about that; I just don't know. Even the downloadable text-file notes don't clearly state what it is that we're seeing. Is it the original theatrical print? An early cut of the theatrical print with alternate shots from the cutting-room floor inserted? An amalgam of the theatrical and DVD versions? The evening show but with a few performances swapped out with footage from the afternoon show?
You don't need to, I explained what I did on it.

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
BroastedChicken

KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:11 am
The film is fully re-edited and restored to a 2K Ultra HD resolution using different sources.

The main source is the official DVD set which was upscaled to 2K using AI technology and color graded later.
The same was done to the other sources which were the official VHS release and documentaries.

Everything was then edited together for the most complete experiencing of the concert, including rehearsals, the available filmed performances and different angles/multi-cams.
Thanks, this is very helpful. I do like your edit of this film. Has a nice flow to it -- and of course it looks and sounds great.
mudcrab

Post by mudcrab »

thank you very much, looking forward to seeing this
tdgrnwld

Post by tdgrnwld »

There may be a problem with the Google Drive link. Trying over several days, the file hangs up while zipping every time.
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

tdgrnwld wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:01 pm There may be a problem with the Google Drive link. Trying over several days, the file hangs up while zipping every time.
Try downloading each individual file, should work better.

tdgrnwld

Post by tdgrnwld »

KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:57 pm
tdgrnwld wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:01 pm There may be a problem with the Google Drive link. Trying over several days, the file hangs up while zipping every time.
Try downloading each individual file, should work better.
That worked. Thank you! I look forward to watching this!