Mach Schau - new book at www.apcor.net

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
georgefromhenley

Mach Schau - new book at www.apcor.net

Post by georgefromhenley »

Dear all,

my book is finally finished and could be pre ordered. Don't hesitate to avoid disappointments when the the run might be sold out too early....

https://www.apcor.net/product/book-the- ... n-hamburg/

Thank you.
bobzilla

Re: Mach Schau - new book at www.apcor.net

Post by bobzilla »

This looks amazing! Thanks for the heads up!
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

Looks great Thorsten

Best wishes

Mark
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thorsten the book looks fantastic but the postage is absolutely astronomical. It's almost the same as the price of the book.

I really want to buy this but cannot afford postage like that. Is there any chance of you using a different carrier? I've spoken to other people and I think you are losing many potential sales over this issue.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Looks good but where's that version of 'Cry for a Shadow' from? I take it it's a cover band doing it, but who?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Axkorecords

Post by Axkorecords »

Cry For A Shadow is performed by a Scottish group called The Kaisers.

Unfortunately there's nothing we (Apcor Books) can do about the shipping costs. These are the actual shipping rates by PostNL (Netherland's postal service) and it's the cheapest and most reliable courier we have worked with so far. In fact, we make a loss on each parcel as we don't charge for our heavy packaging.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:36 am Thorsten the book looks fantastic but the postage is absolutely astronomical. It's almost the same as the price of the book.

I really want to buy this but cannot afford postage like that. Is there any chance of you using a different carrier? I've spoken to other people and I think you are losing many potential sales over this issue.
I am a music book collector and postage became a really significant factor in the COVID era, esp. minding problematic delivery. I solved my problem, though, by using mail-forwarding companies - this way one is able to have a certain degree of control over the price and the time of delivery. But I am happy to buy however many books I need in a certain country, so the price of delivery per one book gets down. If you know other potential buyers in your country, maybe you could cooperate with them in this manner, though obviously import tax should be considered.
wizz

Post by wizz »

Wow that book looks great.
I shouldn't be surprised ,all the Apcor book releases are fantastic.

Normally I would have preordered by now but I'm guessing, since brexit, there will be a hefty tax added on top of item getting into UK?
C90

Post by C90 »

Axkorecords wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:14 pm Cry For A Shadow is performed by a Scottish group called The Kaisers.
Ha, that's great - I love The Kaisers! A good match for the book :D
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

Thanks - as mentioned the postage costs are charged 1:1 (or less) by Apcor. I know the price is high and I assume I might lose one or the other reader but there is nothing one could do about it.
Try to ship anything from the UK to Europe or the USA around with world and it will cost the same - at least.

The run as all Apcor books is not high and I hope the book will sell out soon. This is the work of 3 years writing, editing, photoshopping and be assured it wasnt done to get rich.