I'm grooving!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

I'm grooving!

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks to cybermedios, I am grooving.

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
paul62

Re: I'm grooving!

Post by paul62 »

Hmmm.....

Looks a bit like a guy I know called Frank Einstein...who looks a bit weird (but he's a great guy, with a fabulous collection of Beatles LPs). He's very bald (but he wears a genuine '60s-made Beatles moptop wig, so he's got class)!! :lol: :D
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Ok LR, I can see you're in the zone, but key question - what's playing on the Dansette: Some Other Guy, Mr. Moonlight, She Said?

I've got it- What Goes On. Of course!!
DeeBee

Post by DeeBee »

F25A620E-E7DC-4485-A9B7-D5939DFAC00F.gif
F25A620E-E7DC-4485-A9B7-D5939DFAC00F.gif (653.58 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes, I am often complimented on my lovely smile. ;)
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Looks like he might be having thoughts about someone he knew...!!!

The untold story during Reith's lifetime was his deep affection for a younger man, Charlie Bowser, whose family lived near Reith in Glasgow. There is no clear proof that Reith was gay, although Reith's biographer Ian McIntyre suggests he was.

When their relationship ended, Reith destroyed many of the relevant sections of his diary and got rid of Charlie's letters. But even the expurgated recollections tell of times when they swam naked together, shared a bed and kissed.

And if people today are less likely to take a moral stand on LGBTQ matters, they might be less indulgent about the way Reith used his influence to get the young man jobs. He even proposed him for an OBE.

https://www.bbc.com/historyofthebbc/res ... 20he%20was.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Every toff whoever went to Eton or any other of those schools had their homosexual dalliances.

That's where Rugby football came from... basically just a dormitory grope gotten out of control. :lol:
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Yep, something like what's portrayed in "Brideshead Revisited"...!!!

You don't see it discussed too often at Beatles forums, but at least one Beatle probably experimented. (Whether John did or didn't isn't that important in the overall scheme of Beatles things except for the fact that John had a kind of power over Brian Epstein and that power is one of the ingredients that helped catapult The Beatles to success).

Albert Goldman's book has John regularly sodomising Brian (and being caught in flagrante delicto by Queenie Epstein one time): I think that John might have told Allen Klein about this early on (when John and Allen were sussing each other out) and then Klein passed the info onto Goldman (or his researchers) well after being fired by John and Yoko. Or Klein may have made this up (or exaggerated the info he had) in order to slander John. Just my conjecture, o'course.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing