My ‘Paperback Writer’ Cover!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Free Connoisseur

Re: My ‘Paperback Writer’ Cover!

Post by Free Connoisseur »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:48 pm Not a bit like Cagney! :lol:
Yeah. I mean, I’d be first to tell you that those four guys were on an entirely different stratosphere than some kid in his room.
Last edited by Free Connoisseur on Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Connoisseur

micktanner wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:54 pm
Free Connoisseur wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:19 pm Greetings, fellow Beatleg members! I got very bored around a month back and tried to record the ‘Paperback Writer’ guitar parts over a drum cover I found on YouTube. I then recorded the bass and tambourine bits because I felt something was missing, and, in a final act of fascination, I tried my hand at doing the vocal parts as well. All in all, we get a full-on cover of ‘Paperback…’. I hope you all get to enjoy my effort as much as I enjoyed making it!

https://youtu.be/uGVB5pFg-fY
Very nice, FC...enjoyed it very much, thanks for sharing
I’m glad you did! There’ll be more on the way. Specifically, the B-side to this song. I’ve uncovered a lot of interesting things while trying to learn the parts to that song, especially considering that there are two bass guitars on it.
Free Connoisseur

Alright, guys! I’m finally done with my cover of ‘Rain.’ I’ve got time to prepare stereo mixes for both now. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/xLbw9480kGc
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Another good job: I like this one, too!

Just curious: for the coda bit did you sing "Spare rib, now memory, knock near, rip it"? That's how I've always heard that bit of the original track (so, I'm wondering what you consciously sang when doing that bit?)!
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
Free Connoisseur

paul62 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:16 pm Another good job: I like this one, too!

Just curious: for the coda bit did you sing "Spare rib, now memory, knock near, rip it"? That's how I've always heard that bit of the original track (so, I'm wondering what you consciously sang when doing that bit?)!
That’s a very good transcription of what it sounds like, but, no, I didn’t sing that. Mr. Emerick and Sir Martin cut up some lines from the first verse and chorus, reversed them and arranged them in that particular sequence you hear. If you reverse the audio of both the original and my cover version, you should hear the following lyrics: ‘sun shines… rain… if the rain comes, they run and hide their heads.’ Hope that provides some clarity.
DocBeaulieu

Post by DocBeaulieu »

Very good!
:D
Free Connoisseur

DocBeaulieu wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:10 am Very good!
:D
I’m glad you enjoyed it!