My ‘Paperback Writer’ Cover!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Free Connoisseur

My ‘Paperback Writer’ Cover!

Post by Free Connoisseur »

Greetings, fellow Beatleg members! I got very bored around a month back and tried to record the ‘Paperback Writer’ guitar parts over a drum cover I found on YouTube. I then recorded the bass and tambourine bits because I felt something was missing, and, in a final act of fascination, I tried my hand at doing the vocal parts as well. All in all, we get a full-on cover of ‘Paperback…’. I hope you all get to enjoy my effort as much as I enjoyed making it!

https://youtu.be/uGVB5pFg-fY
alphabeatles

Re: My ‘Paperback Writer’ Cover!

Post by alphabeatles »

Great job, really! I have added it to my covers collection.

Do you have it in hard cover (stereo)?
Free Connoisseur

alphabeatles wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:24 pm Great job, really! I have added it to my covers collection.

Do you have it in hard cover (stereo)?
I’ll make a stereo mix of this as well. I’ll post both the mono and stereo in high-res on Google Drive.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Perfect, thanks!
maccafan2021

Post by maccafan2021 »

Very good!!
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Free Connoisseur wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:19 pm Greetings, fellow Beatleg members! I got very bored around a month back and tried to record the ‘Paperback Writer’ guitar parts over a drum cover I found on YouTube. I then recorded the bass and tambourine bits because I felt something was missing, and, in a final act of fascination, I tried my hand at doing the vocal parts as well. All in all, we get a full-on cover of ‘Paperback…’. I hope you all get to enjoy my effort as much as I enjoyed making it!

You've done a good job: I like it! If you wanted to, you could have a go at filling out one (or both) of the Budokan performances with some overdubs to beef up the sound.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Not a bit like Cagney! :lol:
micktanner

Post by micktanner »

Free Connoisseur wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:19 pm Greetings, fellow Beatleg members! I got very bored around a month back and tried to record the ‘Paperback Writer’ guitar parts over a drum cover I found on YouTube. I then recorded the bass and tambourine bits because I felt something was missing, and, in a final act of fascination, I tried my hand at doing the vocal parts as well. All in all, we get a full-on cover of ‘Paperback…’. I hope you all get to enjoy my effort as much as I enjoyed making it!

Very nice, FC...enjoyed it very much, thanks for sharing
Free Connoisseur

maccafan2021 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:17 pmVery good!!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Free Connoisseur

paul62 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:41 pm

You've done a good job: I like it! If you wanted to, you could have a go at filling out one (or both) of the Budokan performances with some overdubs to beef up the sound.
That’s an interesting prospect, but I don’t know if I’d want to do that right now. It does sound interesting.