Fab! And Valkyrie Stolen Beatlegs Discussion

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
moptophugger

Fab! And Valkyrie Stolen Beatlegs Discussion

Post by moptophugger »

https://s.yimg.com/aah/yhst-73969762682 ... -13398.gif

Yet again Fab stolen something, Lend Me Your Comb and Its Five O Clock Somewhere by EdinSc. I have seen tons of examples of stolen material, Valkyrie has also stolen a colourization of the Get Back Sessions.

Does anyone have any idea to stop it? There have been improvements on video with watermarks saying "Not For Fab Or Valkyrie" but audio has no way to avoid getting stolen, any ideas for keeping video and audio away from Fab and Valkyrie and other examples of stolen Beatlegs?
BeatlesRareSessions

Re: Fab! And Valkyrie Stolen Beatlegs Discussion

Post by BeatlesRareSessions »

excellent idea from Kitsu
MrP

Post by MrP »

moptophugger wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:03 pm https://s.yimg.com/aah/yhst-73969762682 ... -13398.gif

Yet again Fab stolen something, Lend Me Your Comb and Its Five O Clock Somewhere by EdinSc. I have seen tons of examples of stolen material, Valkyrie has also stolen a colourization of the Get Back Sessions.

Does anyone have any idea to stop it? There have been improvements on video with watermarks saying "Not For Fab Or Valkyrie" but audio has no way to avoid getting stolen, any ideas for keeping video and audio away from Fab and Valkyrie and other examples of stolen Beatlegs?

there is no way to stop it or any reason to
there is likely no ownership of the video by any of the involved parties so i don't view it as "stolen"
the only ownership is ego (e.g. i want people to know i was the one who worked on the video they are watching)
nobody really cares they just want to watch it and you tube allows for that and i would think more people watch it there than ever buy a bootleg dvd.
I have even seen complaints about people taking a video posted on some you tube channel and then reposting on another without giving credit.
once anything is posted to the net it is to be expected others will copy it and a few will pass it along to others or alter it
just accept that once on the net it, for the most part, becomes the property of whomever downloads it and they can and will do as they wish
watermarks be damned

if people don't want it "stolen" don't post it, don't share it
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

MrP wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:51 pm
moptophugger wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:03 pm https://s.yimg.com/aah/yhst-73969762682 ... -13398.gif

there is no way to stop it or any reason to
there is likely no ownership of the video by any of the involved parties so i don't view it as "stolen"
the only ownership is ego (e.g. i want people to know i was the one who worked on the video they are watching)
nobody really cares they just want to watch it and you tube allows for that and i would think more people watch it there than ever buy a bootleg dvd.
I have even seen complaints about people taking a video posted on some you tube channel and then reposting on another without giving credit.
once anything is posted to the net it is to be expected others will copy it and a few will pass it along to others or alter it
just accept that once on the net it, for the most part, becomes the property of whomever downloads it and they can and will do as they wish
watermarks be damned

if people don't want it "stolen" don't post it, don't share it

Totally agree with your comment plus I should add there is a huge section of Beatles fan/ collectors who don’t download or go anywhere near internet Beatle forums. Surely the fact that this stuff is getting pressed on silvers and is being made available to a wider audience is a good thing. It’s quite simple, if you don’t want bootleggers profiting from your work then don’t float it on the internet or YouTube and keep it to yourself!