Announcing The BBC Archives Uber Deluxe Edition!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Announcing The BBC Archives Uber Deluxe Edition!

Post by Lord Reith »

Friends, I am pleased to announce an entirely new edition of The Beatles BBC Archives 2021 - The Uber Deluxe Edition!

This monumental set comes housed in a genuine machine-carved hideous 1960s radiogram that will take pride of place in your sitting room...

Behind the two deluxe swinging fake walnut doors is housed the entire BBC Archives collection on forty-six 45rpm 280 gram vinyl lps. These are reproduced in gorgeous photocopied paper-insert sleeves with new and extensive liner notes by a man who used to work at Beano's. Running at the higher quality speed of 45rpm as popularized by The Doors vinyl re-issues, these superb vinyl artifacts are sure to be a talking point in your social circle. Also housed in the cabinet is an actual Dansette turntable with plastic tone arm, feeding into a 3 watt mono amplifier driving two powerful 2 inch speakers on either side. These speakers are adorned by genuine synthetic fake cotton grills.

But the value doesn't end here, oh no. The BBC Archives Uber Deluxe 2021 also comes with a variety of extras that are exclusive to this edition and no other:

- A double VHS videotape of Volume 24, featuring legendary BBC tv appearances specially downgraded to 405-line quality.

- A pair of lava lamps that will enhance the decor of any home, specially designed to sit atop your BBC Archives radiogram.

- Finely chiseled pewter miniatures of Brian Mathew, Lee Peters and Rodney Burke.

- A hardback copy of the legendary Mrs. Beeton's Book of Cookery and Household Management

- Live in-studio recreations of all The Beatles' unique BBC recordings by prestigious modern artist like Jay-Z, Justin Bieber and Michael Buble, including a new hip-hop interpretation of Soldier Of Love by Kanye West.

- A bowl of After Dinner Mints.

- A 1960s dolly bird.

- Ten rolls of paisley wallpaper (as seen tastefully adorning the rear wall above).

- A 946-page thesis on antique radiograms by distinguished Polytechnic student Norman Voles.

- A chair to sit on.

And the asking price for this phenomenal once-in-a-lifetime limited-edition (only 200 will be made) piece of recording history?

A mere $1,599.00 rrp (excluding tax).

It's huge, it's retro, it's insanely priced and it's coming to a website near you. It's The BBC Archives 2021 Uber Deluxe Radiogram Edition. Reserve yours now!

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: Announcing The BBC Archives Uber Deluxe Edition!

Post by WilliamShears »

Damn Lord, you had me at "pewter"!

Is there a limit of 1 per person? I'm concerned the aftermarket flippers will gobble them all up.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

I'll get an Uber driver to go 'round to your place and pick up mine...!!!
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

That poor woman, someone tell her about "turntables"-!
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

does it come with pens?
joguema

Post by joguema »

Is that a picture of Anna and does a clone of her belong to the set?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

...beeb beeb mmmm beeb beeb, yeah!
You sure know how to tease us!
ALL logo...NO t-shirt!
Damn!!!
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

My dowmload stopped in the middle of the second lava lamp....can someone please re up the cabinet on Mega? I love when it says that huge piece of furniture exceeds my 4gb limit for the day! :D
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:16 am My dowmload stopped in the middle of the second lava lamp....can someone please re up the cabinet on Mega? I love when it says that huge piece of furniture exceeds my 4gb limit for the day! :D
Hilarious, Darth!
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Does the “Dolly Bird” come as a separate item, as my current one is worn out!