So who here has got the sovits AI software to work?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Re: So who here has got the sovits AI software to work?

Post by Lord Reith »

BDJ wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:37 pm
tilman wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:33 am Hello Sir..and thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I have followed your advices and was able to upload my traing data. Automatic preprocessing stopped at 22 from 141 soundfiles (Maybe it is limited ) , but training has just started..So i will see.. Thanks a lot for helping me out
In the version of Colab that is free of charge notebooks can run for at most 12 hours, depending on availability and your usage patterns. Colab prioritizes interactive compute. Runtimes will time out if you are idle.
Yeah that is pretty silly isn't it. Like you're supposed to sit there for 12 hours while it trains. No mention of that on the github page!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
tilman

Post by tilman »

Problem is the limitation for free users. You can avoid these for sure but google wants money (didn´t ask for a sperm sample to my surprise :-) )
So i will try from time to time to get a slot that it is working til the training has ended.
Following your advices i was able to start the colab properly. It seems You are blocked for at least a day after each attempt and it depends on free resources how long you can go on until it stops .Today my access has been interrupted after about one hour
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah, colab is a great idea that went wrong. It should be a free resource. As it stands it is just a deceptive way of hooking people in so g**gle can make even more gazillions of dollars.
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

I have an older Macbook Pro, but have managed to get a few things working.

I ran into the same trouble with colab, but found that if I set my computer not to sleep, it would run for as long as google allowed without going idle.

When you regain access, you can just reload everything, and it will continue training from the last saved sample. If you set it to save more often, you'll less work.

To do this you can change the "eval_interval" which can be found in your config file. This is the copy that has been transferred in one of the colab steps to your 44k folder - not the original one. I found an eval_interval of 400 on colab meant it saved about every half an hour. A lower number should save more frequently, so result in less lost training.

You can also load the software with the GUI onto your Mac for applying the model to your audio source. You don't need GPU, and it's fairly quick after the first go. It will need to load the model each time you use the program (which takes a while) but then each subsequent go is fairly quick
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:58 am Yeah, colab is a great idea that went wrong. It should be a free resource. As it stands it is just a deceptive way of hooking people in so g**gle can make even more gazillions of dollars.
You say you want a revolution ;) ?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks for the tips. Not sure I want to bother with Colon... sorry, Colab though. Too much uploading and downloading wasting my data.

The other problem for me is that the mac won't install it without wanting to download x-code and command line developer tools, which is like 27gb or something absurd like that.