So who here has got the sovits AI software to work?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

So who here has got the sovits AI software to work?

Post by Lord Reith »

Unfortunately it won't run on my mac, and colab is no good unless you're prepared to pay. Interested to know how many of you have had success with this.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
tilman

Re: So who here has got the sovits AI software to work?

Post by tilman »

I have tried it for a few days but failed. I was able to install the GUI but the training process stopped, because my PC run out of memory. Using Colab gave me error messages i was unable to solve. I think i have to wait for an online solution
Last edited by tilman on Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
etienjhulenne

Post by etienjhulenne »

Someone who can help me please

I get the GPU disabled. I stayed in that part.
Attachments
gpu.jpg
gpu.jpg (243.92 KiB) Viewed 655 times
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

tilman wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:37 am I have tried it for a few days but failed. I was able to install the GUI but the training process stopped, because my PC run out of memory. Using Colab gave me error messages i was unable to solve. I think i have to wait for an online sutiob
What were the error messages?
tilman

Post by tilman »

I was not able to start the training because the colab couldn´t fetch the training data on my google drive. I don´t know, how to name this training folder with the 10 seconds voice parts correctly and how to copy it into the colab. So i couldn´t start the training....
And i think i have to add that it has nothing to do with the Beatles. I am a fan of the Ryan Twins and always thought Barrys voice was much stronger than Pauls..So my intention is to replace Paul Ryans voice on his recordings by Barrys...
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

A step by step guide is needed i think....i've seen a few youtube vids but none give a foolproof idiotguide!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

tilman wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:01 am I was not able to start the training because the colab couldn´t fetch the training data on my google drive. I don´t know, how to name this training folder with the 10 seconds voice parts correctly and how to copy it into the colab. So i couldn´t start the training....
And i think i have to add that it has nothing to do with the Beatles. I am a fan of the Ryan Twins and always thought Barrys voice was much stronger than Pauls..So my intention is to replace Paul Ryans voice on his recordings by Barrys...
Oh that's not too hard. In your google drive you just create an empty folder under "my drive" and name it "so-vits-svc-fork" . Then inside that folder create another empty folder and call it "dataset" . Then inside that one create another empty folder and name it anything you like (one word is better). Then take that name and type it into the "Copy your dataset" colab cell instead of the word "kiritan" :

"We assume that your dataset is in your Google Drive's so-vits-svc-fork/dataset/(speaker_name) directory.
DATASET_NAME: "

Upload your ten second files into your handnamed folder and after you've already executed all the previous cells, execute the "Copy your dataset" cell, and then "Automatic preprocessing" "Copy configs file" and finally "Train". Then a very long wait before executing Inference.

The problem for me is that colab only gives you so much processing time for free and training uses a massive amount of resources, so you just get chucked off. I think the trick would be to edit the config file to make the "epochs" field shorter (default is 10,000 which will take all day so that guy recommended changing it to 2000 at first). The config file is automatically created in your "so-vits-svc-fork" folder after you execute the "Automatic preprocessing" cell. So I guess you open it in notepad or something and edit the epochs size, then delete the one that's there and upload your modified one (and after that executing the "Copy configs file" cell even if you've done so already).

Even then google is going to want you to pay and that is a pain in the arse because to pay they also want your phone number, life story and a sperm sample so that they can stalk you across the internet till the end of time. That I have a problem with.
tilman

Post by tilman »

Hello Sir..and thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I have followed your advices and was able to upload my traing data. Automatic preprocessing stopped at 22 from 141 soundfiles (Maybe it is limited ) , but training has just started..So i will see.. Thanks a lot for helping me out
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

tilman wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:33 am Hello Sir..and thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I have followed your advices and was able to upload my traing data. Automatic preprocessing stopped at 22 from 141 soundfiles (Maybe it is limited ) , but training has just started..So i will see.. Thanks a lot for helping me out
No worries. I hope you can get some results.
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

tilman wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:33 am Hello Sir..and thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I have followed your advices and was able to upload my traing data. Automatic preprocessing stopped at 22 from 141 soundfiles (Maybe it is limited ) , but training has just started..So i will see.. Thanks a lot for helping me out
In the version of Colab that is free of charge notebooks can run for at most 12 hours, depending on availability and your usage patterns. Colab prioritizes interactive compute. Runtimes will time out if you are idle.