Mersey Beat issues

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Axkorecords

Mersey Beat issues

Post by Axkorecords »

Hello everybody

Does anyone have scans of Mersey Beat, especially the 1961/62 issues but preferably the complete batch?

Thanks in advance!
rons1010

Re: Mersey Beat issues

Post by rons1010 »

I've never seen digital versions of old Mersey Beat Issues.
Here 1 special issue from 2009
Mersey Beat - Special Issue - 2009-08-27.pdf
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1iaveOwihYc7zNbjPK8xZm9K_CPdf0f7M/view?usp=share_link
Let's hope there is more.
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

There's a paperback called Mersey Beat: The Beginnings Of The Beatles which (I think) came out in the 1970s. It reprints articles from various issues Mersey Beat, and it emulates the newspaper layout format, but it's not a strict exact reprinting of original issues.
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

Computer Gary wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:26 am There's a paperback called Mersey Beat: The Beginnings Of The Beatles which (I think) came out in the 1970s. It reprints articles from various issues Mersey Beat, and it emulates the newspaper layout format, but it's not a strict exact reprinting of original issues.
You reminded me that I have this book. If it's not too big for my scanner (or someone else doesn't share it first), I will attempt to scan it in. It's only 96 pages, so that seems doable.
rons1010

Post by rons1010 »

It would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Axkorecords

Post by Axkorecords »

bobzilla wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:46 pm
Computer Gary wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:26 am There's a paperback called Mersey Beat: The Beginnings Of The Beatles which (I think) came out in the 1970s. It reprints articles from various issues Mersey Beat, and it emulates the newspaper layout format, but it's not a strict exact reprinting of original issues.
You reminded me that I have this book. If it's not too big for my scanner (or someone else doesn't share it first), I will attempt to scan it in. It's only 96 pages, so that seems doable.
That would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!
rons1010 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:17 pm I've never seen digital versions of old Mersey Beat Issues.
Here 1 special issue from 2009
Mersey Beat - Special Issue - 2009-08-27.pdf
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1iaveOwihYc7zNbjPK8xZm9K_CPdf0f7M/view?usp=share_link
Let's hope there is more.
Thanks for this! Nice little tribute!

A pity that there are no digital copies of Mersey Beat around.
Jens Terje

Post by Jens Terje »

Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Yeah, I have that one. Not really great reproductions though.
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

Jens Terje wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:38 pm Try this site: http://triumphpc.com/mersey-beat/
Disappointing only in the sense that, while it reproduces various articles, it's just ordinary text. Don't misunderstand me, it's all interesting to read, but in the context of this thread, which is about scans of Mersey Beat issues as they originally appeared, it's disappointing.

However, I did see this on the website's FAQ (underlining added):
7. Can I purchase original Mersey Beat cover pages featuring the Beatles and other Liverpool groups?
Covers of Mersey Beat will soon be available on souvenir plaques and art prints. Plans are also underway for limited edition runs of the original editions. Please e-mail us for details.
I don't know how current that is - I'm sure we've all come across websites that haven't been updated in years - but if those plans are still in effect, that's grand and glorious news.
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
Axkorecords

Post by Axkorecords »

Computer Gary wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:56 am
Disappointing only in the sense that, while it reproduces various articles, it's just ordinary text. Don't misunderstand me, it's all interesting to read, but in the context of this thread, which is about scans of Mersey Beat issues as they originally appeared, it's disappointing.
I second this! I really wish to see the concert listings, NEMS adverts etc.
Computer Gary wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:56 am However, I did see this on the website's FAQ (underlining added):
7. Can I purchase original Mersey Beat cover pages featuring the Beatles and other Liverpool groups?
Covers of Mersey Beat will soon be available on souvenir plaques and art prints. Plans are also underway for limited edition runs of the original editions. Please e-mail us for details.
I don't know how current that is - I'm sure we've all come across websites that haven't been updated in years - but if those plans are still in effect, that's grand and glorious news.
If I remember correctly this was already mentioned 20 years ago on that very website.