Rolling Stone issues: 1972

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Antonio218

Re: More Rolling Stone issues

Post by Antonio218 »

Thanks for sharing these MorseMoose
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Computer Gary wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:35 am Just one question - is the first issue scanned from an original, or from the 1987 (I think) reprint? I don't see any indication that it's a reprint, but maybe whoever originally scanned it deleted the reference from the "master" scan.
I don't know, but these all come from the Rolling Stone Cover to Cover DVDs, released around 2007 I think. I'd presume they had the facilities to get an original, but I have no idea.
MorseMoose

Rolling Stone 1960's issues

Post by MorseMoose »

Here's the next batch. There probably won't be a new one for a little while.

Here are the rest of the Rolling Stone magazines from the 1960's. For convenience, I've added this and the other link to the first post.

hXXps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/111vSh4Gs09Vp5fxt8w_I20y17uGYACMo?usp=sharing
XX=tt
BeatlesInMyLife

Re: Rolling Stone 1960's issues

Post by BeatlesInMyLife »

MorseMoose wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:55 pm Here's the next batch. There probably won't be a new one for a little while.

Here are the rest of the Rolling Stone magazines from the 1960's. For convenience, I've added this and the other link to the first post.

hXXps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/111vSh4Gs09Vp5fxt8w_I20y17uGYACMo?usp=sharing
XX=tt
I've been looking for a pdf september 20th issue since a very long time.
Thank you so much!!!

BIML
Beatles In My Life
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

MorseMoose wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:45 pmthese all come from the Rolling Stone Cover to Cover DVDs, released around 2007 I think. I'd presume they had the facilities to get an original, but I have no idea.
That's a reasonable presumption, I think.

Copies of the Rolling Stone Cover To Cover DVDs are available from third-party Amazon sellers for very low prices, but apparently one of the reasons is because the DVD content can only be accessed through a proprietary reader that is no longer available or supported or some technical reason along those lines that's above my level of technical intelligence.
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
henkcordia1949

Post by henkcordia1949 »

Thank you!!
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

thanks very much for the others uploaded
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Computer Gary wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:24 am
MorseMoose wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:45 pmthese all come from the Rolling Stone Cover to Cover DVDs, released around 2007 I think. I'd presume they had the facilities to get an original, but I have no idea.
That's a reasonable presumption, I think.

Copies of the Rolling Stone Cover To Cover DVDs are available from third-party Amazon sellers for very low prices, but apparently one of the reasons is because the DVD content can only be accessed through a proprietary reader that is no longer available or supported or some technical reason along those lines that's above my level of technical intelligence.
Using Windows 10 here, not the most recent version, but still fairly recent. I downloaded the Bondi Reader and it works absolutely fine. Didn't even need the patch available. Not sure if it worked with Windows 8/7 though.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

BeatlesInMyLife wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm
MorseMoose wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:55 pm Here's the next batch. There probably won't be a new one for a little while.

XX=tt
I've been looking for a pdf september 20th issue since a very long time.
Thank you so much!!!

BIML
If it's the review of the Get Back album which interests you, I think it's safe to say it was a re-write of the article Mal Evans wrote for Beatles Monthly. I'm not sure the Rolling Stone reviewer had actually heard the tapes - he uses the same phrases and makes the same points as Mal. Still a bit of history though, seeing it reviewed like this.
BeatlesInMyLife

Post by BeatlesInMyLife »

Mr Bump wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:48 pm
BeatlesInMyLife wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm I've been looking for a pdf september 20th issue since a very long time.
Thank you so much!!!

BIML
If it's the review of the Get Back album which interests you, I think it's safe to say it was a re-write of the article Mal Evans wrote for Beatles Monthly. I'm not sure the Rolling Stone reviewer had actually heard the tapes - he uses the same phrases and makes the same points as Mal. Still a bit of history though, seeing it reviewed like this.
Maybe, but the unknown author of this review was David Dalton, who also wrote (with Jonathan Cott) the Get Back Book. He told some years ago that he wrote the article after listening to the material in the Apple Offices.
Beatles In My Life