Almost Beatles Songs

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
ksantus

Almost Beatles Songs

Post by ksantus »

These guys are doing some very cool work with little snippets of Beatles songs. They are great musicians and have fantastic ideas with a high level of creativity to bring this stuff to life. Give this channel a listen and let me know what you think. We have some great musicians on this forum as well who do great work also. Thank you to all of you who take these old songs and snippets and make them into something more for us all to enjoy. Some may call it blasphomy, but I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/@almostbeatlessongs/videos
b1ockboy

Re: Almost Beatles Songs

Post by b1ockboy »

Thanks for pointing this out, I love it!
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I watch this channel and I think it's great. How Do You Tell Someone was particularly good, I thought. Some of your recreations could be packaged up and made available somehow - they rescue songs and allow them to be heard properly.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

Mr Bump wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:05 am I watch this channel and I think it's great. How Do You Tell Someone was particularly good, I thought. Some of your recreations could be packaged up and made available somehow - they rescue songs and allow them to be heard properly.
Just to clarify, this is not my work, but the work of a group of very tlented people. Check out the credits on the channel.
KS
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Well, inspired by this post, I did create a "lost" Beatles number called Hello Again. It was great fun.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Where did you find "How Do You Tell You Someone" ? I can't find this video.
Instead I found "Almost Beatles Songs full album vol.1" - is there a volume 2 ?
I really would like to get a tracked version in FLAC ?
Did someone has contacted this talented team and got some FLAC links ?

I agree with "Watching Rainbows" - But I tend to prefer "Madman" which became musically perhaps Mean Mister Mustard - I love the "is wearing pyjama and doing not arm" line; sounds like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest song (was a theatre piece before the movie I think).

McCartney ""The Palace Of The Kind Of Birds... as reconstructed as a complete track in stereo on "Daddy Has Gone Away" set is magnificent. And I think that's really Paul, contrary to the piano number titled "adaggio"...
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

@ksantus - oops. My bad. I think I mis-read your comment about "we have some great musicians". No matter - whoever's doing it, they're doing a good job.

How Do You Tell Someone is here. Kind-of rescued from oblivion:
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:00 pm Well, inspired by this post, I did create a "lost" Beatles number called Hello Again. It was great fun.
More - More - More - More . . . . please and thank you
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I particularly loved the instrumental version they did for the "GOD..." speaks "through" Paul for 20 seconds McCartney humming a melody while playing two magic chords on piano.
It sounds very Brian Wilsonesque; or reminds me the piano demo by Denis Wilson on "Ocean Pacific Blue".
But they don't seem to remind that on the same day (and just after) McCartney will play "The Back Seat Of My Car" (probably this 2 chords snippet was that in had in mind for the chorus or the coda melody, because he only had the melody of the verses); which is one of my favorite song ever by Paul; and the most Wilsonesque song in terms of melody and vocal harmonies (amazing work by McCartney on RAM).