Uncropped colour BBC cover

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Maccawings

Re: Uncropped colour BBC cover

Post by Maccawings »

WOW! This is great! Thanks!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Leaping Armadillos wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:45 am very nice. The question I ask myself is "why did Lord Reith make a color version of the BBC photo?"
No reason other than I've always liked that picture but didn't like the cropping and missing taxi passengers. Those people getting out of the vehicle are one of the things that makes the picture. They're like the past being left behind.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:44 pm What I did was just overlay the chroma from the cd cover onto the uncropped monochrome photograph. At first I was bothered by only half of the buildings appearing as brown, then realised that it was much better to have all the background in black and white and just The Beatles in colour. Do you get it? The Beatles in colour walking through the drab monochrome streets of postwar Britain, leading the way.
But where does the man with the suitcase come from? Who is he? The real McCartney?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Here's some Playhouse Centrefolds in hirez. Print them or use them as wallpaper.
13.jpg
13.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 390 times
19.jpg
19.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 390 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 390 times
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

That's Brian Matthews.
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Here's what I did for the A4 fanzine Norwegian Wood when the album was new. I wasn't able to quite match the colours when I colourised the upper part, which was the black and white original.

I used the elongated tie on George, which was the first draft for the original album cover design.
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

Leaping Armadillos wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:45 am The question I ask myself is "why did Lord Reith make a color version of the BBC photo?"
My question is: "why did you ask yourself 'why did Lord Reith make a color version of the BBC photo?' "
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

quigatolah wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:13 pm
Leaping Armadillos wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:45 am The question I ask myself is "why did Lord Reith make a color version of the BBC photo?"
My question is: "why did you ask yourself 'why did Lord Reith make a color version of the BBC photo?' "
And my question is "why did you ask why he asked himself why did Lord Reith make a color version of the BBC photo?"

"This could go on all day..."
Wogew wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:37 am Here's what I did for the A4 fanzine Norwegian Wood when the album was new. I wasn't able to quite match the colours when I colourised the upper part, which was the black and white original.

I used the elongated tie on George, which was the first draft for the original album cover design.
I could never figure out the tie thing. But I do recall that as the album was being announced, 50% of the conversation on SHF was about the tie and not the music. Ha ha.

Btw Roj you have a message.