"Another year over..."

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
mojofilter

Re: "Another year over..."

Post by mojofilter »

My thanks too, and cheers to everyone who causes this board to be here and participates in it. You're the best.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

See how fast a year goes by?
A blink of an eye is worth a thousand words.
Now, six more blinks and the show was over. And, as exciting as it may have been in real time, we now know that this forum is only the beginning. The music is more exciting and relevant than it ever has been. This forum has discovered that there are many levels to be considered because Beatles music is audio chemistry via sonic reaction. It defies the term 'longevity' and in fact resembles agelessness some 50 years on! That is called Newer and Fresher! Where will it lead us?
Where everything leads...back to The Beatles. How clever were they? Their music has to be played for 50 years to sound brand new. A lot of that newness has happened on this forum. I love the example that this forum has set for loving the group's music and the new ground that has been explored in its pursuit. Teamwork and assistance combined with the supervision of WilliamShears...presto...voila...this will never get old.
Thank you, everybody. The Beatles have never been this exciting before. Let that thought console you!
Happy new year!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:21 am On a more positive note though I'd like to say I greatly respect all the cool stuff folks in the community have been posting here.
Thanks for your sentiments!
WilliamShears wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:33 am I would think that a Beatheist is more someone who doesn’t believe that they are the best band in the world. Someone who has an outright hatred would be more of a Beathropist. It’s open to debate though - I’ve had a few new years cocktails 😂
Hmmm, we may have to write an entire dictionary!

Of little interest but high relevance, I recall how I spent New Year's Eve exactly forty years ago!

It was taping The Beatles At the Beeb which was repeated on FM at exactly midnight! (the May broadcast had been in AM, and I'd missed it anyway.... hey, anyone out there got it? It was on station 2BL at 9am on two consecutive Saturday mornings in the school holidays. I do believe it was a unique 90min vsn).

I'd spent the previous week or so begging money for a couple of "metal" cassettes (the first and last time I used them) from my parents and setting up the arial to get as good as a reception as possible. I still have those two tapes. That was the most fantastic NY ever, hearing all those rarities in brilliant quality.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

I have a two-hour version as broadcast on ABC-FM, Adelaide, if that is of any use to you.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

mojofilter wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:34 am I have a two-hour version as broadcast on ABC-FM, Adelaide, if that is of any use to you.
Thanks mojo, but i actually have that one too.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Happy New Year!!
Mike