"Another year over..."

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

"Another year over..."

Post by Lord Reith »

As we say farewell to 2022, let's hope that the worst of the permacrisis is behind us. As John once sang, "Nobody told me there'd be days like these." But I am optimistic that things will get better now... or at least go back to the status quo.

And as usual we can look forward to another SDE set to nitpick over! :lol: The future always looks good when you're a Beatles fan. I feel sorry for all those Beatheists! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: "Another year over..."

Post by WilliamShears »

“Beatheists” is a new one - I like it! :lol:

Happy New Year all!

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

WilliamShears wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:52 pm “Beatheists” is a new one - I like it! :lol:
Yeah I just thought of it then!

Beatheist noun

bee-thee-ist

A person who does not like the greatest group of all time.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

What about a Fabnostic?
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Mr Bump wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:02 am What about a Fabnostic?
That’s solid too!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes, that's good two. There would be a subtle differentiation, in that a Fabnostic is just someone who's just not sure about The Beatles because they haven't heard enough of them, whereas a Beatheist is someone who outright hates them.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Despite all my controversies, I'm still learning and trying to get better. I wanna say thanks again to William for keeping me around here, and to other folks like him for giving me a second chance. I do wish to hopefully resolve most of my past problems in 2023.

On a more positive note though I'd like to say I greatly respect all the cool stuff folks in the community have been posting here.

As a little "toast to the Beatle community" I'm saying thanks to some of the major folks who put out great bootlegs this past year.
I thank The Beatles Videos for his excellent "Day by Day" series of every Beatles film ever, I thank Lord Reith for his continous remixing projects, I thank Kitsu for his video Avisynth restorations, I thank Venny for scanning and restoring rare Beatles films, I thank Takrl for transferring rare Beatles tapes, I thank AdamBound for he and his friends' work on the legendary Get Back/Let it Be filming, I thank Doctor Robert for his great audio syncing work on Beatles films, and I thank Alex Alonso for his great deepremaster colorizations.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:36 am Yes, that's good two. There would be a subtle differentiation, in that a Fabnostic is just someone who's just not sure about The Beatles because they haven't heard enough of them, whereas a Beatheist is someone who outright hates them.
I would think that a Beatheist is more someone who doesn’t believe that they are the best band in the world. Someone who has an outright hatred would be more of a Beathropist. It’s open to debate though - I’ve had a few new years cocktails 😂
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:21 am As a little "toast to the Beatle community" I'm saying thanks to some of the major folks who put out great bootlegs this past year.
I thank The Beatles Videos for his excellent "Day by Day" series of every Beatles film ever, I thank Lord Reith for his continous remixing projects, I thank Kitsu for his video Avisynth restorations, I thank Venny for scanning and restoring rare Beatles films, I thank Takrl for transferring rare Beatles tapes, I thank AdamBound for he and his friends' work on the legendary Get Back/Let it Be filming, I thank Doctor Robert for his great audio syncing work on Beatles films, and I thank Alex Alonso for his great deepremaster colorizations.
🥃

Cheers F4N and all who contribute and participate in the board!
vickrose777

Post by vickrose777 »

;)
Last edited by vickrose777 on Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.