Beatles MADness

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
robbmacc

Beatles MADness

Post by robbmacc »

First: Happy Happy to whatever you celebrate this time of year, especially to WilliamShears, who revitalized a dead website into this new one. I must admit, when I first heard about his promise to create it (in comments on the Daily Beatle) I had no idea it would become this.

Second: Thanks to those who gather material, enhance material, create material, and/or keep material uploaded on this site. I personally can't contribute much, as my bandwidth out here in far north Wisconsin, USA is horrible, but I appreciate all of you who host material on this Beatles treasure-trove of songs, videos, interviews, pictures, etc.

So, in the interest of giving back something, anything, I link to this...

https://www.madcoversite.com/beatles.html

...a page of Beatles-related satire from the pages of Mad magazine.

Enjoy
Kwai Chang

Re: Beatles MADness

Post by Kwai Chang »

Thank you for the wonderful gift!
What? Me, show gratitude???
I was a fan of MAD magazine for much of my youth. It was always nice to see the extremities of my personal tastes and opinions actually had some overlap/intersection! MAD magazine was every bit the clever nemesis of public education and social etiquette that The Beatles could ever be. BUT...The Beatles had a writer of bewks amongst their ranks and his two books were the first two nails in the coffin of MAD magazine. I cannot overstate the importance of Lennon's first two volumes in my life. They are the only thing that could have enhanced, reflected, and sacrificed the great MAD magazine. I still own a few key vintage issues of it and I'm going to check the website for all of The MAD Beatles that I might have missed.
Mad magazine had clever origins and it played a huge role in the cultural directions taken in this country. Sure, it was for kids...AND,
...Beatles fans!
Thank you, robbmacc!
KC